Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gossip Girl's 100th Episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Gossip Girl's 100th Episode Reply with quote

I've been over Chair for a few years now. First because it was 'They are on' 'they're off and one is upset about the other's betrayal'. In season 2 they worked...and they worked somewhat in season 3.

But in season 4 they were so much better apart. The two were actually more interesting apart; better people. Especially Blair.

I view Chuck/Blair as an abusive couple. In my opinion I think someone as intelligent; independent; and witty as Blair would have left someone as abusive as Chuck. And that's what it comes down to. He is abusive. If he doesn't get his way he becomes intolerable, childish, and angry.

I prefer Dan with Blair. Even though I still ship him with Serena. I can' ship him with two people.

Blair/Dan is such a more realistic and interesting couple. The two actors have wonderful and fresh chemistry. Blair is SUCH a better and more tolerable character when she's with Dan and not with Chuck.

Onto the Episode.

Some people were surprised about Serena's dream where she's Marilyn Monroe and she has her pick of any guy and just wants Dan; but Dan wants Audrey Hepburn and you guessed it; Blair is Audrey. The dream made perfect sense.

The entire wedding/Louis was such a contrived/forced idea. I honestly think they made Louis a prick just to make Chuck seem better to the fans. Because Louis was a really nice guy in the beginning then they just turned him into this contrast of how he originally was. It made NO sense for him to go through all of this hoopla to marry Blair just for a show. I mean WHY Blair of all people? No offense to Blair but she's not really 'Princess' Material; she's made a fool of herself in front of Louis and his family and they think she's going to just be his beard? It made no sense.

I wasn't surprised she called Dan though. Becuase lets be honest we just KNEW that Dan writing Louis wedding vows would come back into play because those vows were the only reason she decided to even marry Louis.

A lot of people are "Dan and Blair make better friends CHAIR." I think what people are failing to see is that I don't think Blair KNEW that Dan liked her. And I think it's possible that finding out he wrote them...could have opened her eyes.

I think Dan and Blair is the best thing that has come out of Gossip Girl since season 1. It's the most gradual and well developed story-line we've gotten in the past 4 or so years.

And I hope they continue to develop it further instead of forcing Blair with Chuck.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've loved an episode of Gossip Girl so much in a long time.

I was such a huge chair shipper but then the writers destroyed them I loved their dynamic in the second season but now they seriously irritate me and they both need to move on forever.

I really think the writers hate Blair and I'm hoping the upcoming dair storyline may be a nice reward for all the rubbish they've put her through over the years. With Dan she can have the simple, lovely relationship she wants whilst at the same time having someone who will her her out when she's wrong.

The whole Louis thing made me sad, he was such a lovely guy and then they made him do a full 180. I do see why he would be so angry, Blair humiliated him multiple times in their engagement and he just let her walk all over him.

It's funny, I've been watching dair vids since season 1 when it was considered a crack!ship. It's so lovely to see them developing now into what may be the most realistic pairing the show has even seen. Their development of enemies to frenemies to best friends has been amazing so far and I really hope it gets developed further
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with you about Chair. They're really destoryed them. The things Chuck has done to Blair I just don't want them together. Blair is too strong for that.

After thinking long and hard about Louis I understood it. Louis was giving Blair the marriage she was gonig to give Louis; he was just honest about it. She never loved him; not in the way a wife loves her husband. It was going to be a loveless marriage; and that's exactly what he was going to give her. Her reactions made him finally grow a backbone. He didn't deserve to be treated the way Blair treated him.

I think Dair is the most well developed ship I"ve seen in TV in the past few years. Its' believable and understandable how these two people could be together.

I do feel bad for Serena in some ways; but she's been such a slut in the last few years that at this point Dan isn't stupid enough to go for it. Back in season 4 they were going to be together; and she decided she loved the crazy teacher all along and really hurt Dan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: