Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 3 DVD Through The Looking Glass Anyone else notice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Season 3 DVD Through The Looking Glass Anyone else notice? Reply with quote

Okay; so when I first saw Through The Looking Glass; and it's towards the end in Jack's apartment. You see the sink, the maps and a far shot of Jack taking a drink then it goes to a close up. Then he calls Kate.

In the DVD You see the shot of his dirty sink, the map THEN he calls Kate. They edited out him taking the drink. Which I HATE. Because for angsty Jack vids...it's PERFECT.

I just now noticed that.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never noticed that.Good catch. It is really irritating when they cut out part of the scene. Doesn't make much sense why they'd cut that for the DVD.

I have noticed that in the Pilot episode, the scene where the monster rips the pilot out of the cockpit ,changes.

I also used to see that dialogue would change from the original airing of an episode to a repeat of the episode.

I wonder how many other scenes/episodes they have changed for the DVD?

Macaila
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed that. I only noticed it with the jack scene because it was my favorite scene and I remember that when I got it from this website that scene just wasn't in it and for the life of me I never figured it out.

I don't know why they have to change them...it's weird. Maybe for time length?
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that is irritating! I can't imagine why they would do that. It's so weird!!! There are plenty of other scenes in the show of people drinking, and people do worse than that in prime time. That is so weird!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know what you mean.

Jack also takes pills and drinks in the episode too beside the other drinking scene.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bugs me when they cut out things too. I do believe they do it because someone from some company tells them to; just like with repeats when they first air an episode with one song and then on the repeat, it's a different song entirely.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know why the songs are different.

How I Met Your Mother; I forget the name but it was the one with the Slutty Pumpkin; in season 1. I LOVED that Nada Surf Song 'Inside of Love' and when I got the DVD it wasn't on it; it was some random...song that didn't make me feel the scene.

Most the time song changes have to do with the fact that they can't afford the royalties.

I remember when I purchased season 1 of Roswell I got a letter from the creator along with the season explaining that most of the music in the show had been changed due to them not being able to afford the royalties.

A lot of the times it's lower budget shows it happens too like Roswell was a underrated and under appreciated show. (Especially in season 1 and 2; I wasn't happy with season 3).
It also happens to newer shows too.

That's why most shows go with more unheard of bands. That's also why most of the songs on my iTunes come from shows because most shows play GREAT music.

Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill especially.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: