Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Gene/Alex || All Fall Down" by Aislynn (Ashes To

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: "Gene/Alex || All Fall Down" by Aislynn (Ashes To Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Gene/Alex || All Fall Down" 12-26-2011
Gene just wants to be Alexs knight in tarnished armor.
Fandom: Ashes To Ashes
Song: All Fall Down by OneRepublic
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:02 (24.9MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wULzO7Yrt5s
http://www.mediafire.com/?2z1a3wuzdce62nb

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Gene/Alex || All Fall Down by Aislynn Reply with quote

I really love how you make the edits so simple and everything just flows!!! Great Job. Lyrics were perfect!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Gene/Alex || All Fall Down by Aislynn Reply with quote

Cool vid, Ais! I have never heard of this fandom but it looks interesting!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki: Aw, thank you so much! I really do like keeping things basically simple in my vidding and trying to let the clips and my editing carry the story and hopefully have some emotion to them and all that. (Although, I did get a lot more fancy than normal in "Montreal Love Song", if you want to see me step up my game with more visually interesting things, lol! ) Self-pimping aside... Thank you again so much for watching and commenting, I really do appreciate it!

Heather: Aw, thank you! "Ashes To Ashes" is an off-shoot of the British "Life On Mars" which Karolina and Cinthia have both vidded so you may have remembered seeing that before. Gene is a character in both shows and though I loved him in LoM, I totally adored him in A2A when they introduced Alex into the mix. They're two characters who are just SO meant for each other, in my opinion. They both have a ton of faults but they balance each other out. [/end A2A commercial]

Anyway, thank you so much again, I really appreciate you watching and commenting!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Gene/Alex || All Fall Down by Aislynn Reply with quote

Oh how I love a knight in tarnished armor. That was awesome, Ais!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you, Julia! I'm a sucker for a knight in tarnished armor myself, which is what made me love Gene so much. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for watching and commenting!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Gene/Alex || All Fall Down by Aislynn Reply with quote

I have never seen this show it looks awesome. I agree with Nikki; such a awesome and simple vid that flows together.

I love the different cuts of him carrying her; they went together so nicely with the drum beats. I also loved the edits/clips of the world crashing down.

Great story; this show looks interesting.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Brooke! That's one of the best compliments I think a vid can get, that it sort of interests you in a fandom that you hadn't thought about before.

I'm also really glad that you liked the editing. I was sort of trying some different things out with this one (it's one of my older vids) and I was hoping they would look okay all of these years later. It's my only Ashes To Ashes vid and I still love the show and characters enough I wanted to share it here. I'm happy that you liked it!

Thanks again for watching and for your lovely comment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: