Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Okay, in the last few weeks, over TEN videos sent in have been recognised of clip theft and prosecuted. I' not going to state any names, but this has just got to stop. It's getting ridiculous! For one, these videos that steal clips all look pretty bad. The transitions leak through, and it looks as if the entire video is a bomb waiting to explode. you never know when the next scene is going to cut. I think that people need to know more about Clip Theft, because obviously it's either fewer people know about it being wrong, or it's becoming more and more convenient for them to use other's clips.
I'll admit it may seem silly that we will remove a video becasue of one tiny clip in a video used from another person, but like it or not, it's true. Intentionally taking another person's work for your own use without permission is unacceptable, I'm afraid. I'm sorry that there are few ways to obtain clips, but these standards must still be upheld. If finding clips is a problem, then please PM a council member or another old-timer LVI member, and one of us may be able to point you in the right direction to get clips.

The only way that Clip Theft will be accepted is if the person asks for permission from both the vidder and us, so that we may know that this is the case and not prosecute it. Though I highly recommend you ask before the video is created. I think you will find that most, if not all, of our members would be happy to help you get the clips you need, if you just ask nicely.

Anyway, please stop this from happening. Every time I see a video with it, I groan, because it not only means more work for us, but it meas we will have to remove a video that the vidder worked hard on, clips stolen or not.

If we continue to go down this road, I fear that the Lost fandom could very-well turn into the imfamous "Buffy" one. Lets not let that happen.

Expect a teaching plan - Hobbes style - in the future if this continues

yeh what he said
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*seconds Hobbies and fallen-angel*

Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys--

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I think someone is stealing clips and passing them off as their own. I got a friend invite on youtube and one of the person's videos definitely has clips that are not his/her own.

Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SWDjnODqI

About halfway through it looks like it's just made up entirely of stolen clips. I could be wrong, but someone might want to check it out.

Just thought I'd let you know!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are plenty of stolen clips in the vid!!! I recognized some from Lostzilla and Borislava. Not cool!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrrrrgh! I'd imagine the whole thing is probably made from other vids, just some parts are easier than others to identify. So not cool!

Thanks for letting us know, Carrie! *hugs!* ♥!
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

Thanks for letting us know, Carrie! *hugs!* ♥!

No problem! It's the least I could do!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some Crossover Video's on YT and Came Across a LOST/ER Video. I started to watch it and thought, oh not what I was thinking then I started to notice some things I thought I had seen before, then at 0:41 a watermark... Please take a look. I know she has clips fro all over the pace but it's not cool to steal anything!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g6AbYUqxYQ&fb_source=message[url]

I seriously think when people put no copyright intended they think stealing from peoples video's is just like downloading a clip or episode???
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah she used some clips from my vids. That hand holding scene that she used like 20 times in the video. That's from one of my Kate/Thirteen vids. I can tell b/c of the coloring. I left her a nice message to inform her it wasn't cool. I let Samara know since she took tons of her stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD!!! I just kept thinking Ive seen that before, and then when I saw Samara's watermark.. I left her a message also... NOT COOL!!!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, some people just don't understand how wrong that is. I told her I'd be more than happy to show her where to download clips.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell that they're stolen because of the coloring differences going on through the vid.

I don't think people realize the amount of thought and time that goes into the vids.

I think it's either someone simply not crying or just ignorance of not understanding.

I was once offered a piece of a clip from someone's vid. I think they didn't understanding what I was asking; I was asking if they had that clip; and instead sent me the clip they had done in the vid. I didn't use it.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says the video has been removed by the user. That's good, because clip thefting is so annoying & rude!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nikki(s)!

I couldn't see what you're talking about because like Heather said it's been removed. Was it just clips they stole (like one of Kate) or whole manips? Because that would be really annoying.

I can't believe they actually kept my watermark. That is so stupid. If you're going to steal other people's work you should at least try to be discreet about it. I thought the whole reason we put watermarks on our vids was so people like that would think twice about stealing our clips.

Has anyone checked out their other vids to see if they've done it before?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just little clips here and there. Not manips so that's good atleast. I didn't check her other vids. Bit glad she took it down.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone 'made' me a video for my wishlist but its the same as this video from February 2011.

Here's the one she 'made.'

wth? It's one thing to steal a video but to say you made it for someone, when you stole is just a whole other level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: