Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Eames/Babydoll || Otherside" by Aislynn (Incepti
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: "Eames/Babydoll || Otherside" by Aislynn (Incepti Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Eames/Babydoll || Otherside" 11-15-2011
As multiple dream layers bleed into alternate realities, Eames and Babydoll search to find each other once again.
Fandom: Inception/Sucker Punch
Song: Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 2:10 (15.2 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://vimeo.com/32179719 (password: crossover)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c74trdu7rdtfa71
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot pairing, Ais!
I liked the idea and it worked out really well in your vid (although I imagine that it must've been really tricky to make this vid since Eames doesn't have quite so many scenes in Inception, does he?)
Anyway, I really enjoyed it!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Karolina! Yes, that was the hardest part for this, by far! I had no idea that he had so few "leading man, close-up, non-talky face" scenes in this, poor guy. I considered switching him out with Arthur or even Cobb but I just couldn't do it. Since I got this idea from a dream I had about making a vid for Eames/Babydoll, I wanted to do my best to make it work for him.

Thanks again, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Eames/Babydoll || Otherside by Aislynn Reply with quote

ZOMG! That was AMAZING, Ais! Like Karolina said, totally hot pairing and you did an amazing job pulling it off. I love love love that this idea came from a dream and that it is totally amazing. Loved the very end, too! Awesome job!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Eames/Babydoll || Otherside by Aislynn Reply with quote

Wow great vid, Ais! Very cool that you literally dreamed up this idea. Cool song, too.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia: *glee* Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that they did come across as a good pairing! And yay, I'm so glad you liked the end, too! Thank you bunches and bunches for watching and commenting! ♥!

Heather: Thanks so much! It was fun to see if I could really put this together or not. I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks again for watching and commenting, always so appreciated! ♥!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved this, Aislynn! Such a creative crossover ship, and I really loved Eames's line at the end. Wonderful job!

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you so much, Eryn! I'm so glad you liked it and I'm especially glad you liked that line at the end, too! Thanks so much for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this; it was so intriguing. I really loved how you did the 'disappearing' effect. What an amazing crossover; it felt SO real. Amazing Job!!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Brooke! I'm so glad you liked the disappearing effect, I wanted it to be a little different from what I've done before but that would sort of fit the feel of the vid at the same time. I'm especially thrilled that it felt like a real crossover!

Thanks again so much for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Eames/Babydoll || Otherside by Aislynn Reply with quote

WOOOWSA that was AMAZING, Ais! You are so so talented....
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Nikki, thank you so much for saying that, that was such a nice thing to hear! I'm really glad you enjoyed it, thanks so much for watching and commenting, I really do appreciate it!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Thank you so much, Brooke! I'm so glad you liked the disappearing effect, I wanted it to be a little different from what I've done before but that would sort of fit the feel of the vid at the same time. I'm especially thrilled that it felt like a real crossover!

Thanks again so much for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it!

Oh it really did feel like a crossover. In fact I am a bit disappointed this isn't a movie.

I so badly wish I could do that effect you do. It is SO awesome.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Oh it really did feel like a crossover. In fact I am a bit disappointed this isn't a movie.

Hee, thanks so much, you have NO idea how happy that makes me to hear that you wish this was a real movie!

To do that effect, It mainly requires some sort of program like Paintshop (my old standby ) that will let you alter a screencap of the scene you want the character to disappear out of so that you can make a "clean" copy of it without the character in the shot. Not all scenes will work well, if the camera is moving it makes it trickier, though it still can be done -- I did a version of this in my "Heart's A Mess" vid at the 2 minute mark as Loki sits down. Thor is actually sitting right next to him but I managed to mask him out by making a "clean" background shot without him in it and then use the pan/crop tool to slide down my clean shot at the same rate as Loki sits and the camera tracks his movement. That movement on the clean shot helped to hopefully sell the illusion that Loki was alone.

For this video, I did things a little differently and used the cookie cutter on Babydoll and Eames so that I could blur them out without causing the rest of the scene to blur as well. I thought that made it a more "dreamy" looking way for them to disappear, lol!

Anyway, if you don't have a program that will let you do the clean background, I'm glad to help you anytime, just send me the scene that you want to have the person disappear from and I can (hopefully ) make you a clean shot still picture image that you can use to make it work. Or I can do the effect and render it and send it back to you that way, whichever you'd prefer!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Brooke wrote:

Hee, thanks so much, you have NO idea how happy that makes me to hear that you wish this was a real movie!

To do that effect, It mainly requires some sort of program like Paintshop (my old standby ) that will let you alter a screencap of the scene you want the character to disappear out of so that you can make a "clean" copy of it without the character in the shot. Not all scenes will work well, if the camera is moving it makes it trickier, though it still can be done -- I did a version of this in my "Heart's A Mess" vid at the 2 minute mark as Loki sits down. Thor is actually sitting right next to him but I managed to mask him out by making a "clean" background shot without him in it and then use the pan/crop tool to slide down my clean shot at the same rate as Loki sits and the camera tracks his movement. That movement on the clean shot helped to hopefully sell the illusion that Loki was alone.

For this video, I did things a little differently and used the cookie cutter on Babydoll and Eames so that I could blur them out without causing the rest of the scene to blur as well. I thought that made it a more "dreamy" looking way for them to disappear, lol!

Anyway, if you don't have a program that will let you do the clean background, I'm glad to help you anytime, just send me the scene that you want to have the person disappear from and I can (hopefully ) make you a clean shot still picture image that you can use to make it work. Or I can do the effect and render it and send it back to you that way, whichever you'd prefer!

Thanks. I never knew how you could do that.

Unfortunately I don't have the program. But thanks. I might take you up on that sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: