Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you DOWN with BLD? Possible Spoilers, Enter at Own Risk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Are you DOWN with BLD? Possible Spoilers, Enter at Own Risk Reply with quote

BLD = Big Lost Death

I was just wondering if any of you have theories as to who the BLD is going to be and why.

While I'm still bitter over the fact that they have to kill anyone off, I do think Sayid is going to be the one to go and here is why:

The relationship between Sayid and Shannon has progressed quite rapidly. Almost too rapidly. Shannon, the snotty girl who never cared for anyone for any reason other than to serve herself actually CARES for this man. And it looks like he makes her want to be better - he makes her want to be helpful and worthy because he believes that she can be. Whereas Boone treats her like she is worthless, and Brian chose money over her, also making her feel worthless.

So that being said, I think the impact on Shannon would be interesting if Sayid died - I think that is what they are setting us up for. She would have his memory to push her to change and grow as a character. But if Boone dies, I don't think it would have that kind of effect on her at all.

Sayid's character is also an important one on the island and I do think that the dynamic would change greatly and be challanged if he died/were killed - whereas I don't see that happening with a Boone death. (And let's face it, its really come down to a debate between these two guys, hasn't it?)

I really don't WANT it to be Sayid, next to Jack, I think Sayid is the character I would least like to be the BLD. But it looks like its in the cards for him, unfortunately. I think that Nadia's message to him was a foreshadowing of his death. "In this life or the next."
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so boone.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l was reading spoilers yesturday and l think it's going to be Boone. lt said that someone on the island is going to kill someone else on the island and that it was going to be Locke's fault. lt something about Locke telling a lie about something.

Watch with Kristin reports that one of the regular 14 dies by season's end (uncertain if this means before the season finale, or during the season finale). The character who dies is male, and "It's not (Dominic Monaghan). But I can tell you that this person is well-loved, well-featured and, well, doomed. It is one of the 14 series regulars--one of the biggest characters--and the episode is guaranteed to make you bawl your ever-lovin' eyes out. Also, Kristin claims that he dies because "basically, something catastrophic happens, and because someone lies about what happened, the victim ultimately can't be saved." It also sounds like Claire will give birth during the episode this male character dies: "Yes (we will see Claire pop the baby before season's end), and let's just say that episode is all about the circle of life."

Recently, Kristin claimed that the death will occur in the season finale, with Locke being partially responsible for it. However, TV Guide's Ask Ausiello says, "I can probably get away with saying that he/she will bite the big one before the season finale in May. Way before. And don't misinterpret the he/she thing. The ill-fated islander is not a hermaphrodite."
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still pretty convinced it'll be Boone. In which case: YAY!

Currently I'm thinking 95% likely it'll be Boone, 5% likely Sayid.

I see where you're coming from on thinking it may be Sayid, KC (there, I fixed it. I know who people are...). It would have a bigger impact on the show than Boone dying would, that's for sure. I'm still going to put my money on Boone dying, however.

I must admit, killing Boone (though I'm happy about it, as he's my least fave character and I'd hate to see any other character go) is kinda a cop out as he really DOESN'T bring a lot to the table.

That said. Die Boone DIE!!!

Last edited by Ringwench on Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:

I see where you're coming from on thinking it may be Sayid, Laura.

Its official KC--we are one entity-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
Ringwench wrote:

I see where you're coming from on thinking it may be Sayid, Laura.

Its official KC--we are one entity-laura

Whoops, sorry about that! I'm reading this at work and icons/sig pics don't display.

I get confused.

See this is what happens when I post before I've had my coffee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING

THE FOLLOWING

WAS TAKEN

FROM A

SPOILER

WEBSITE

"03/29 - Josh Holloway said that the person who dies is someone whose storylines have not been developing much. Source: TV Guide (paper version) (Thanks Joanna for the tip.) "

If that is true then I think that could rule out Sawyer, Jack, Locke, and even Boone, and to an extent even Sayid.

Which would in my mind leave Jin and Michael to be the unlucky one. That is of course if the rumors are true and the death does happen to a male character. I on the other hand am still holding out hope that the dog dies instead of one of the other characters...lol (well I can dream, right?).

Well, whoever dies may they Rest In Peace.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clarification on that TV Guide interview - Josh didn't say it was going to be someone who's storyline hasn't developed much - If I recall correctly, when asked for clues as to who bites it, he said something like (paraphrasing here) "Pay attention to who's storylines have been developing and who's haven't."

He didn't say that the person to die would have the least developed storyline, he could have easily meant person who's storyline has been moving the fastest as well. If that's the case, IMO, that puts Sayid right in harm's way! I love Sayid, as I said before, so I absolutely don't want this to be true... however, in my eyes, he's the number one contender.

Is Laura me? Or am I Laura? (Channeling fight club here.)

I do think killing Boone would be the least risky choice of all the castaways. That's another reason why I think it won't happen. It's too easy of a choice. The consequences would be little to none unless something happens in these next few episodes to make Boone extremely important (and the only way I see that happening is if he's killed to protect some deadly secret that he discovers or something) OR the manner in which he is killed. -- IE, he is murdered by someone thought to be good, and the other castaways are in the dark about it and still trust the murderer or murderess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: