Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas Wont Render
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It crashed at 64% this time... and not just Vegas, my entire computer crashed I think it shut itself down because the hardware was about to overheat. Gosh, I'm so annoyed! Will I ever be able to finish this vid??

Is anyone using Sony Vegas 10? It's supposed to be a lot faster (when it comes to rendering) and more stable than other versions of Vegas. I might try this one for future projects. Sony Vegas 7 is definitely a pain in the a**!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony Vegas 7 is what was giving me such trouble with my contest vid. What I ended up doing is I rendered it in pieces - sometimes just 1-2 second clips - then I downloaded a trial of Vegas Movie Studio 11 and put the pieces together and rendered it there. It was slow going but it did work.

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be my next approach: Rendering in pieces.
I seem to be getting halfway through the vid just fine, but then Vegas stops rendering and keeps crashing. I'll try to go in steps of 10 or 20 seconds first. That's all so annoying and frustrating
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be one of the clips that you are using. I've had clips cause things like that.

I've never had Vegas crash my computer though; that's weird. What about saving the vid and then reinstalling Vegas?
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yeah, I already thought about that, too. Because it looks like the program might be having some real issues. I keep getting a lot of error messages... but why so suddenly? I never had any of this before with Vegas
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once and a while I get the usual renduring problem; but not as bad as it was with the video I posted about. It would screw up everytime I played with it.

You know what I did? I copied all the clip, music, and audio into another vegas; and even that was giving me problems after; and that's when I renduered them separately.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to render the stupid thing, Hallelujah!
I had to render the video track into seven parts in the end. I rendered the audio track separately and then I put those seven pieces and the audio all together into a new project and rendered it. (Although even then it took me three tries cause Vegas still kept crashing!)
I'll try to re-install Vegas. Maybe it'll help. Finishing this video was such a nightmare!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it was finally able to render; but damn that took FOREVER. I'm sorry everyone's having issues with rendering.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it did indeed take FOREVER!
I think there must be a bug or something with my Sony Vegas. Or maybe some other program or codec started to interfere. I've never had such issues with Vegas before! I hope that re-installing the program will fix it *fingers crossed*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't either, to be honest. It was nuts when it didn't allow me to use the regular tricks to render it.
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Yes, it did indeed take FOREVER!
I think there must be a bug or something with my Sony Vegas. Or maybe some other program or codec started to interfere. I've never had such issues with Vegas before! I hope that re-installing the program will fix it *fingers crossed*

Have you installed any updates or such lately? Seems to me a lot of the older versions of SV aren't compatible with Service Pack 3 (and sometimes 2), or even a lot of the smaller updates - or Vista and Windows 7. I've had to upgrade to SV 9 pro, because SV 7 would behave exactly the way you've described, and it just kept getting worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: