Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo Eats Steve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Nintendo Eats Steve Reply with quote

I recently made a 5 minute tv pilot called 'Nintendo Eats Steve' for channel101.com. You can watch it and read about it here:
http://www.channel101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2280

It's being featured in Reject-palloza! lol.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download in progress... only about 1/3 of the way there so far. But looking forward to viewing it. I'll post about sometime tonight. Might be way later though cause I have Deadwood and Carnivale to watch in 20 minutes.

Thanks for linking us to some other work. If it's anywhere near as good as your videos it will be a glory to watch.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I watched your video just before Deadwood and Carnivale, so it's been a few hours since intitial viewing, but it's still fairly fresh on the brain.

Very nice work. Extemely well paced. I also enjoyed the effects. I thought those were done very well. Not just the gun blasts, but when a character was hit by a gun blast how they changed color, without the whole shot changing color. Nicely done.

Questions I have many... What program do you edit with Enchirito? Did you guys do your own music for that or was it borrowed from something? Did you have a part in the video? How long did it take you to shoot? And then along those lines, how much total footage did you have to edit through to get down to the four minute video it ended up being?

I enjoyed it though. Created a very nice feeling of nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember the world of 8bit gaming and beyond. When can we expect NES: Tetris or NES: Zelda? LOL. I could go on and on with a list of possible sequels or spin-offs.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original one claims the zipped folder is corrupted, and the .mp4 one doesn't give me video >.< that can't be good I want to watch the movie!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, scroll down the thread a ways, there are links to good copies.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO that was so awesome! And to think I thought wighunter was good- this was even funnier! LOL
The best effect was that awesome "through the keyhole" camera thing. it really looked good. I don't know what they're talking about in that other forum, there's PLENTY of paths to take for a sequel. I'd love to see a duck hunt, or super mario thing LOL
ah memories....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it. We had a lot of cool ideas for more episodes (Castlevania, Legend of Zelda...) but we're working on other shows right now.

To answer some questions...

Ulead Media Studio Pro (I don't particularly recomend it but it works well enough)

Music was borrowed from The Advantage and NESkimos both of which have free music on their web sites. Get some if you like!

Yes, I am the BOSS and the old man. My brother is Steve.

Took most of one day to shoot the in-game sequence. Then 2 other nights to shoot the crappy, dark, grainy, in-house footage. I think we had almost an hour or so of footage.

soooo.
Thanks for liking it, but now could you tell me what we could improve? It will help us on future projects! Come on, I know you have a lot of practice!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to watch it again when I get on my PC. On my laptop right now watching Jeapordy. Yep, I'm a dork.

But after I watch again I'll see what I can come up with.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito I know you and your brothers all make this (i'm guessing), but i wanted to know who plans the shots? The effects were great-and i enjoyed this one more than wigmaster plotwise. The shots in this were incredible--loved the key hole shot done after "10 minutes later." The editing was great-it kept moving from start to finish with no lulls. Anyways good job on this, and goodluck with the channel 101 nazi people-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Thanks for liking it, but now could you tell me what we could improve? It will help us on future projects! Come on, I know you have a lot of practice!

Alright, amigo, you asked for it, so I'm gonna dish it. I already told you it was cool, and it was, but here is where I thought it could have been even cooler.

The first thing is the intro montage song thing. Currently it comes in a bit after some of the action as taken place. It was confusing a little bit and made me for a moment go "uh what, wasn't he just inside?". For me personally, that intro would have rocked at the very beginning, then follow it with a title card of some kind like "Episode 1: Bionic Commander" or something (I think I got the game wrong). Very minor thing, but I think it would be better. Maybe just me.

The second thing that I really liked was the on screen display when Steve was fighting the boss. I think it would have been AWESOME to have an on screen display as soon as he was sucked into the game and keep it there for the whole time. Even if it was a simple score thing and a "how many guys you have left" thing (again, never played this one so I don't know what the on screen thing was). It was REALLY effective when it was there and I think having it there for the whole game would have been super cool.

The third thing I noticed that really took me out of it was the old man. It looked not good. And believe me, I understand about doing this sort of thing and the logistics of creating (or not creating) effective costumes. Me and some buddies made a Dukes of Hazard where our customes where as low quality as your old man. When you're starting out sometimes it's all you can do. I would suggest either finding someone older to maybe play the character; Your dad, uncle, cool neighbor, something. Or else just don't make it an old man. Or at least not a bald one with a beard. It took me out of the experience and you never want that.

The only other thing I can possibly suggest would have been to maybe have filmed just a wee bit of a "Next time" thing. Even if it wasn't the one you decided to go with. This way the viewer really grasps the concept of this being a possible series and with their knowledge of NES can conjure up many ideas and hopes or what they will see in future episodes.

Alright, I've written a small novella and I don't even know how well or not well you take outside ideas. Like I said, this was very well done and there were many things I liked. I definitely look forward to seeing more non-Lost stuff from you in the future.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for writing that novella! It's just what I needed.

The HUD effects were way harder to do than we thought they would be. I think our next films will have fewer effects since they take sooo much time to do and in the end they don't do much compared to a solid story.

haha. You're right, the old man did look 'not good'. We didn't know if the bald/beard thing would work when we filmed it and it turned out not as good as we wanted. Also, we kind of made up the ending after we filmed it so the whole ending scene looks pretty bad I think.

FOr our next show we hope to get a few new people involved and actually write the whole thing before we start filming it. Maybe that will help, or maybe it will just be a waste of time. lol. Either way you can be sure I'll post it here for you to see.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that was HILARIOUS! My boyfriend and I just watched this and practically killed ourselves laughing!

Yay old school NES!!! That was fucking GOLD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
Dude, that was HILARIOUS! My boyfriend and I just watched this and practically killed ourselves laughing!

Yay old school NES!!! That was fucking GOLD!

Glad you liked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: