Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter, Baby
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I liked the movie. I thought Jim Carrey did an awesome job as Count Olaf. 12 books now? Well damn, I better be gettin them then.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was awesome in it bt I didn't like the muhing of the 3 books together.

I THINK he's doing 13.
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I love HP. It's great.

I am so looking forward to the new movie. But i am waiting for the OV here. The german synchronisation is sooooo bad.

Of course the books are much better than the movies, and the 6th book was so genius. Can't wait for the last one. ^^

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
LOL Ok yeah then I guess I can't say over rated then from that diffinition KC said but yeah I totally agree with the overexposed. I don't know Ringwench, they just seem to be not my kind of books. I'm more into horror, mystery and drama type novels myself such as Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Dennis Lehane and Nicholas Sparks. The best book I've read so far would have to be "It" by SK. I absolutely loved that book, it was WAY better then the tv movie IMO. I've also read the first 2 installments of "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket and suprisingly, I actually liked them. I still have to get the other what, 8 or 9 books. lol.

Harry's been trying to get me to read the Harry Potter books now for a year or more. I'm still not sure if I would like them, I'm kind've thinkin that I won't. Hmmm.....well right now I'm currently reading "The Stand" but maybe when I'm finished that, I could give HP a try. No promises though. LOL

edit: and MG, DH is overexposed not overrated.

I'm into the same type of books as you are. I'm a big horror fan (I used to read almost exclusively horror!) and LOVE Stephen King books (It and the Stand along with The Talisman are 3 of my favorite books ever).

I'm really not that into fantasy books and things like that (well, aside from LOTR of course, and even that, I enjoyed the movies far more than the books), which was why I was unsure if I would even like Harry Potter before I read them either.

When it comes down to it though, it's just really damn good storytelling, fantasy or not.

All I'm saying is, you shouldn't let the overexposure of the books and movies (and yes, I agree, it's INSANE!) influence your decision as to whether or not to read the books, because I'd hate to see you miss out on something that I'm almost 100% positive that you would enjoy.

But yeah, not trying to pressure you or anything, I mean it's not like I can force you to read them if you really don't want to But I have yet to meet a person (regardless of the type of books they usually enjoy) who has read the Harry Potter books and not enjoyed them immensely.

And I'll stop being a pain in the ass now

Also, Lemony Snicket books rock! I just got the 13th book and it kicks ass!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO... "I think you have to turn it up"
Cant wait! Harry Potter tomorrow.. or today w/e its 1:30am here and i go see it at 8pm .... im soo hyped!

Damn Holly! Just pick up the damn HP books and read! You know, it took me 2 years to read the first HP book? Yup... I re-read the first chapter over and over again and didnt like it, but now, its my favourite 1st chapter of all the books! Although the 2nd book sucks, same as the movie, i highly recommend them Wonka! You need to read them! Your mom has the first 3 or 4 right? once you finish those you can barrow my other 2 Just get started them! I tried you damn LOST didnt i? and you didnt even try my Point Pleasant? Grr! Well instead of PP, you need to read HP!
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just got home not to long ago from the movie and i have to say that I loved it! although i was upset that they left quite a bit out of the movie and also changed the story a bit (not major stuff, just minor details), i was still very pleased with this movie. My fav part had to be the first task and the last part with Voldemort.. excellent!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think just because a lot of people like something means I can't like it too. Lost is overhyped, but we can still all find that little piece of it that makes it special to us rather than the other millions of people who also love it (since isn't that why we like the less-popular but still great things? they're more personal) HP is the same way. It's not just a bunch of kids running around with magic that makes it good. Nobody would care if that was all it was.
I think you should give it a try with the first book Holly If you don't like it by then, or don't want to be wrong or feel like you're being peer pressured, then no more pressure to continue the series but it deserves a chance! Back when J.K. was starting, the books were written from a little coffee shop, not some big famous empire
I didn't want to read it at first for a long time because of the hype, and it seemed stupid, but then I read #1 and got hooked.

Anyay, the movie ruled. Very nice, but I can't really remember it... lol. It was good though! I liked it. Can't beat the book though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part:

Neville: "OH MY GOD! I killed Harry Potter!"

Banner: Shinythings
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ok fine Ringwench, Harry and Warren, I'll give the first book a whirl after I'm finished the one I'm reading right now. I never said they were bad, I still just think that I won't like them too much. But who knows, you guys could prove me wrong about that.
Ok so Harry Potter.......you better be worth it. *throws sandwich*
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't throw sandwichs at me.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw I'm sorry MG, didn't see ya there. *peels lettace, tomatos and multiple lunch meat chunks off of MG*
I promise to never throw sandwiches again.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
My favorite part:

Neville: "OH MY GOD! I killed Harry Potter!"

Yeah! Absolutely luved that:
SPOILER BELOW:
I was very fortunate to see it in IMAX format. OMFG!!! Dan's cute little tush on the side of the screen when he's digging out money on the train... 3 stories tall; Dan halfnekkid in the bath... 3 stories tall; DAN'S FACE.. 3 FREAKIN STORIES TALL! Absolutely awesome!

Getting hair ruffled by Snape: Cute
Getting smacked upside the head by Snape: Funny
"The Sleeve Pop": PRICELESS

2 words: Filch Running

I know how anal we can get about spoilers... I was totally nice on this one ^_^
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO at every one of those spoilers

Yay! Holly's givin' Harry a chance Of course, Nate did read the first few books and didn't like it much, so it might be the series for you, but you gotta give it a try at least before turnign it down *sniff*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire2.html

That 2-disc grey cover looks horrid.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just Harry on it. For some reason his graphic doesn't look that great in grey. Everyone else looks fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: