Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Catalyst - Darth Vader" by DanDBC (Star Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanDBC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: "The Catalyst - Darth Vader" by DanDBC (Star Wars Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Catalyst - Darth Vader" 06-23-2011
June 2011 contest submission A Character study about Darth Vader going all the way from his fall to his ultimate redemption
Fandom: Star Wars
Song: The Catalyst by Linkin Park
Vidder: DanDBC
Length: 5:51 (100MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhM0yzB_lE&feature=youtu.be
http://youtu.be/GxhM0yzB_lE

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

I liked where you were going with this, I thought your effects were really good. The effect I thought was awesome was the head coming on; that was awesome. My only issue was that the video size was too small. Great job, and good luck.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

Cool effects,very impressive! I thought the music was a good fit for your video.I like that you focused on Darth Vader's journey.I had a little trouble seeing some of the clips ,but other than that, I really liked the vid.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

Great vid! The effects were really cool - they made some of the clips hard to see, but it looked really cool all the same!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

That was a really good character study of Darth Vader!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

Very cool! It was very interesting visually. Good job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Vader is one of my favorite characters, not just from Star Wars but of all time, so it was awesome to see a character study done for him! I do agree that the smaller ratio of the images made it a bit difficult to see, so if it's something that's possible to make larger with your next Star Wars vid (and hopefully there will be many more ), that would be great. I know sometimes, though, you're just having to work with what you've got.

I really loved how you not only used the graphic equalizer effect like that but how you changed it up, either the type or the placement of it, that gave it a really great, interesting visual appeal. Fantastic song, too! I really did enjoy watching this!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

Woah, this was really cool and intense! The overlays were unique and interesting to look at, I really enjoyed it I also am in love with this song, it's one of my faves by them. Good luck in the contest!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

wow, this was very cool! great job! your editing was really different and unique, but it fit! great job!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: The Catalyst - Darth Vader by DanDBC Reply with quote

Great job! This was really unique and the effects were cool. I loved the equalizer effect, particularly in the light saber fight with green on one side and red on the other I did find that some of the effects made the clips hard to see, but having said that, the whole feel of the video worked well with the music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: