Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Nicest Thing" by Captain Freya (Elvis and An
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: "The Nicest Thing" by Captain Freya (Elvis and An Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Nicest Thing" 06-12-2011
June 2011 contest submission. This contest is the perfect excuse to get people to watch this beautiful movie.
Fandom: Elvis and Anabelle
Song: The Nicest Thing by Kate Nash
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 3:07 (82MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXVmg2p35rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXVmg2p35rk

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

You are amazing. I loved this movie. It was better then I expected, being on Lifetime and all. Seriously people NEED to watch this amazing film.

Onto the Vid!!! Loved it. I loved the black and white with the in color, the edits were so well done, the audio was perfect for this. The song really fits too.

Now I want to watch it. Glad I own it.
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much! I was worried that I wouldn't get ANY comments on this cause no-one seems to have even heard of this movie. Glad there's another fan out there! When I was making this vid, it felt like I was making a little love letter to how much I loved it. And yay - glad you liked my colouring cause it took me forever to work out how to get it to look like that. It's easy to make the red's stand out, but I really wanted to pick out the strong blues in the sky and the water.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

I feel the same way!! I've told SO many people about this movie but they still wont watch it. Glad to see someone else loved it too!! It was just perfect, I wish more people knew of it. I watched it on TV about two years ago and when I saw it was going to be on DVD in my mind I did a blackflip. Thank you for making this vid!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid, Freya! I've never heard of this movie (I'm actually not even sure if it's ever been released here in Germany), but I liked you vid! I love the simple, yet effective beauty of your editing and the wonderful colouring.

Great job! Makes me want to see this movie!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Aww Brooke! Seriously, you're so sweet! And thanks Karolina. I'm so glad you liked it! It only got a very limited release I think. Actually, I think it might have only been shown at a couple of little indie film festivals. I just downloaded it randomly a couple of years ago and fell in love with it! I can't believe it didn't get a wider release. If you ever have the oppourtunity to see, definitely do! Every frame of it is just goreous!
MPJ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Oh my god, I LOVE this movie!! I just watched it a month ago and thought it was incredible. I really wanted to vid it and there are so little vids on Youtube, so I'm so happy to see you've made one! Great job! I really loved the black and white background with the color foreground. And the voiceovers were fantastic. The song was perfect for them.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

This was really lovely Freya. I remember watching this movie and now I want to watch it again! Awesome job.
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Aww thanks you guys! And yeah, there really is a major shortage of Elvis and Anabelle vids out there. I'm thinking of doing another vid for them soon, maybe with 500 Days of Summer thrown in aswell.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh; i've always meant to watch this movie!!! I adore Blake <3 she's so gorgeous one of my fave songs, too even tho i havent seen this movie it fit so perfectly to me the colouring was gorgeous too; and i loved that scene of them laying down in the sunflowers, such a beautiful shot looove it freya

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful coloring! That black and white with a touch of color really worked well for this one and gave it such a nice, dreamy feel. Great work, I enjoyed it!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Wow! Very pretty! I really enjoyed it!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Lovely video, I enjoyed it!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the film, but I felt like the song fit your video very well and you told a beautiful story. I enjoyed your video.I also really liked the partial black and white effect you used.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: The Nicest Thing by Captain Freya Reply with quote

this was beautiful Freya! Wonderful editing, you made me really want to watch this movie. The story look really sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: