Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Maybe - Kat/Kara" by KajaM (Battlestar Galactica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: "Maybe - Kat/Kara" by KajaM (Battlestar Galactica Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Maybe - Kat/Kara" 07-04-2011
Two women, so much alike. Strong, yet stubborn, self-destructive and breakable. They tend to fight each other all the time when all they really need is to be loved.
Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
Song: Maybe by Kelly Clarkson
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:17 (66MB AVI)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPcTQ99i9W4
http://www.vimeo.com/25960793 (Password: kajavids)

Last edited by KajaM on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOh gorgeous Karolina!!

Never been into BSG (apart from saying Frak all the time), but I loooove this! And I love, love, love Katee Sackhoff from CSI and 24-ness that other chick reminds me loads of Ana-Lucia! They do seem so very much alike just from what ive seen in this vid. I loved the interpretation, especially on the "maybe..." lyrics, like the one of Kara drinking.

Love this song too; always wanted to vid it!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much, Kat, for watching and commenting even though you're not into BSG. I appreciate it so much! *hugs*

I sure had a lot of fun making this vid, especially the AU/femslashy manips The relationship between Kat and Kara always had such an immensely femslashy undertone... I still can't believe why they never evolved on that storyline. Kat died waaay to early on the show. She could've been a great character!

Quote:
that other chick reminds me loads of Ana-Lucia!

Oh yeah, definitely! Not only because she looks a lot like her, but she was also just as badassy as Ana Lucia (Which is kinda funny because when you see Luciana Carro - who plays Kat - in interviews she seems like the nicest person in the world!)

Quote:
They do seem so very much alike just from what ive seen in this vid. I loved the interpretation, especially on the "maybe..." lyrics, like the one of Kara drinking.

Love this song too; always wanted to vid it!

It's a great song. So many wonderful lyrics to play about with
I'd be sooo curious to see what you would make of the song!

Thank you again for commenting!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! That looks like an awesome show!! Now I want to watch Your vid was fantastic! I loved all close-up shots of the girls pictures. I love when the song picked up about mid-way through and it got all dramatic. I agree with Kat, the lyric interpretation was great and I especially loved that part about "excuses" and "its b/c I love you" Really cool AU...actually it didn't seem like an AU since I haven't seen this show..its just seems like what the show is about!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Nikki!

Quote:
Really cool AU...actually it didn't seem like an AU since I haven't seen this show..its just seems like what the show is about!

Thanks!
Well, the femslashy parts were AU. The rest of it though... the two of them being a real mess, them always fighting while actually having great respect for each other... that was actually part of the show. These two had an amazing chemistry, but Kat (that "Ana Lucia"-girl ) was unfortunately only a minor character who was a bit more prominently featured in two episodes.

Thank you again for commenting!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Maybe - Kat/Kara by KajaM Reply with quote

Wow, this is gorgeous You really reminded me how similar these two are. And your manips were amazing!! Awesome job, Karolina
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe - Kat/Kara by KajaM Reply with quote

Jemma wrote:
Wow, this is gorgeous You really reminded me how similar these two are. And your manips were amazing!! Awesome job, Karolina

Thank you, Jemma!
Yes, Kat and Kara were very similar... thus all the fighting, I reckon. It's a pity Kat had to die so early. She could've been a great character.

Thank you for watching and commenting!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked and noticed I commented on this years ago! Haha! I'm even more impressed now knowing what the relationship between Kat and Kara really was!! Great job on the sex scenes too and all the angst. Bummer Kat died so early on. I loved in the show when Kara said that if she died she wanted her photo next to Kat's on the wall! awwww. I just finished Episode 2 of season 4 when Kara comes back! Freaky! The easy answer would be she is a Cylon but I have a feeling its something way different than that. I can't wait to find out!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for "re-commenting" now that you know the show, Nik *hugs*

Quote:
I'm even more impressed now knowing what the relationship between Kat and Kara really was!!

Yeah, it was more of a love'n'hate type of relationship, huh? Or I should probably say respect'n'hate because there wasn't much love, really
There was some sexual tension there though, right? Or am I imagining things?

Quote:
I just finished Episode 2 of season 4 when Kara comes back! Freaky! The easy answer would be she is a Cylon but I have a feeling its something way different than that. I can't wait to find out!!

Oh you know that I can't tell you anything, of course. But hang in there; you will get some answers concerning Kara! Also, two of my favourite storylines are coming up in S4... but they're so frakking tragic!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: