Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song" by nightdancer3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: "Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song" by nightdancer3 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song" 06-30-2011
Character study on the character Gollum.
Fandom: Lord of the Rings
Song: Gollum Song by Emiliana Torrini
Vidder: nightdancer342
Length: 4:09 (16MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMNaiyEYgZc

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, that was awesome! Really beautiful character study for Gollum and I loved the audio clips you used (Frodo's line about having to believe that Gollum can come back is one of my all-time favs from LotR, it says so much about both of them, IMO )!

Great job, I enjoyed it a lot! *applause* ♥!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! And not boring at all like you were worried about! I thought it flowed great and I agree with Ais about the dialog

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Aw, Thank you Nikki! I worked on it a little bit. I tend to pick songs and then I think, Gosh! This is boring to edit to! LOL. But I really wanted to do this song, because I think it's so haunting and beautiful. I'm sure other people have done it, but I didn't watch their videos because I didn't want to cheat and have any subconscious ideas put in my head. HA! Thanks for watching!

Yes! Aislynn, that's one of my favorite lines as well! It's a little eerie! Like you said, it does say a lot about both of the characters. I kind of liked the idea that was posed that perhaps Gollum could have changed if more people had believed in him. The perception of him by everyone else was so poor that they doubted he could be anything more than what he appeared. Frodo was the only one who understood him and actually took the time to understand. Ultimately, by others giving up on him, he gave up on himself. Very interesting! Haha, but I digress....

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Sara, that was amazing! It really gave me chills. So sad and so creepy at the same time!

Great work on the audio at the beginning of the vid.
I also love the part where you show how Smeagol slowly turns into Gollum after the murder on Deagol and the possession of the ring (beautiful, beautiful lyric interpretation here!!).

I got all teary towards the end where it says "You are lost - you can never go home". I quite like how you chose NOT to show Gollum's death, but ended the vid with a view over the creepy wasteland of Mordor. It gave the video such an intense feeling of despair and sadness over Gollum's lost soul.

A perfect tribute to this tragic character!!

Last edited by KajaM on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thank you so much Karolina! Wow! Good catch! I'm impressed you spotted that! I specifically chose not to do his death at the end because I just feel like his life is so much more tragic! I don't really think of his death as a loss, because he already lost his soul, his goodness and even his identity many years earlier to just become this tormented creature- it's like being sentenced to a living hell! I see it as just a release from the curse for Gollum to die, because he lived so many long years just consumed with guilt and self-hatred.

The line where Gollum says, "When they go in, there's no coming out." I thought of that as sort of a parallel to his obsession with the ring, which is why I showed the hand scooping it up as that soundclip played. I feel like the loss was really just the corruption of his soul, and the fact that he was never able to find himself- so yeah, I didn't really find the death clip being relevant for that reason.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I loved your review haha!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Oh wow! This was beautiful and so haunting! This is one of the best LOTR vids I've ever seen. The dialogue chosen was perfect, the editing was perfect, and matched the tone of the song beautifully. You really conveyed the struggle of Gollum here perfectly. I am so in awe of this video. It just brings to light how tortured a soul Gollum really was. Wonderful! Absolutely faultless.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Aww, Thank you Amy! That is the best compliment you could give me and I'm honored! Thank you so much!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

That was AWESOME!!! You really showed every part of Gollum's character here. Great work!!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Heather!!! I am glad you think so!! I appreciate it!! <333
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

I loved the contrasted feel of your vid, the song was so beautiful, the effects were just so stunning, and the audio was just was perfect for it. Such a beautiful and stunning vid.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thank you so much Brooke!!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

That was amazing, Sara! Awesome job!!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thank you Julia!!!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings:: Gollums Song by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Amazing vid.It was visually stunning.Very cool how you showed how he transformed into looking the way he does now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: