Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not good at coloring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Not good at coloring Reply with quote

I am not good at coloring at all. And when I create something that looks decent it's usually a happy accident that I can't create again. My issue is that anytime I look on YouTube for a tutorial find something AWESOME but it's usually for the ones I don't have. IE Pro.

I have Vegas Movie Studio 9. Are there any tutorials for that?

I've heard there are downloads but I've never found any. I'm a little intimidated about some downloads.

Thanks.

I like heavy contrast and softness. Usually when I find a video with that it's for Pro. Damn Pro I want you! LOL.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you, Brooke! I'd love it if there was a way to do some of the really awesome coloring (and I adore that high-contrast black and white look that I'm fairly sure is a texture that requires a composition mode Vegas Movie Studio doesn't have ) without having to have Vegas Pro or download a new plug-in or the like. My computer just doesn't play well with things like that.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0, and I have recently created a few colorings that aren't...terrible (IE: The one I used on my newest Charlie Pace video...that grungy orange color) If you want, I can get you the file and upload it so you can use them?

Otherwise, the only other thing I can tell you, is to not just play around with say Color curves singlely, or Color Corrector singlely...or anything like that because it will dull out the color really bad. I typically use a color curve, a color corrector, saturation, levels, and glow on mine to make them less dull and to add a bit of a punch.

Just let me know if you'd like the files and I'll get them for you.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy THANK YOU!! If I could put my arms through the computer I would. I'm working on software that will let me do that.

Again that would be helpful. That's where I always fall short is coloring.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get right on that for you. I'm gonna be pretty busy all day tomorrow, and it's getting pretty late tonight, so i might not be able to get it for you until Sunday.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tammy!
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke you can save colorings so you don't have to try to recreate them each time... to the right of the chain of effects you have applied there's a Plug in Chains button and if you click it you can save the entire coloring together

most of my colorings are variations on a couple colorings... I just try out some of my old colorings and then adjust them a bit for the new vid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: