Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bones Spinoff: The Locator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Bones Spinoff: The Locator Reply with quote

After watching the Finder episode; the episode that introduces the Locator cast; I just don't see it working. I use the 'spinoff' term loosely because it's really not a spinoff. A spinoff to me is a show that has a character either recurring or original that gets tehir own show. IE Angel or that show that Jennifer Love Hewitt got spunoff from Party of Five.

It's about Walter Sherman (Geoff Sults) who is an eccentric, obstreperous and amusing reclusive man in his late 20s-30s with highly sought after abilities to find anything. He is skeptical of every statement and often asks offensive, seemingly irrelevant questions which oddly enough turn out to be extremely relevant. A former military policeman, he is able to find anyone and anything. Walter Walter knows Agent Booth (David Boreanaz) from their time serving in Iraq together, and the two dislike each other very much. Meanwhile, Dr. Brennan (Emily Deschanel) finds him very intriguing. Walter was injured overseas and suffered brain damage which lead to his honorable discharge, as well as his ever present state of paranoia.” Booth describe's Walter's gift as him having the 'finding power'.

I think they should have done a two part episode; especially if they really want to sell this show; which was the point. Honestly when they first started to talk about it I thought it was going to be that way.

They don't time out episodes/seasons well at all. I think that the last few seasons of Bones have been nothing but filler. Nothing is happening. And when something finally does happen; like a character/story arc it's gets a few episodes here and there in a season.

I just don't think you can introduce a character in an episode and then give them their own show at; let alone call it a 'spinoff'. If that's the way the writers want to go about doing it then they need to put him in more episodes to sell the idea of him.

I didn't mind the character Walter but I did mind Ike, played by Saffron Burrows. She tried way too hard; and a lot of the dialouge by all three were just forced. It felt like a forced group; I didn't buy their chemistry. It felt over the top.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was just telling Sam, that I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch "The Finder" ep. haha I was bored and I don't think I will be watching the spinoff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I doubt I'll watch it. I think it was only created to do crossovers because he's tried to do crossovers with a few shows already.

I just don't think you can throw a character into the mix in one episode nad give them a show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: