Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Susan G. Komen 3-Day For the Cure (Halp!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Susan G. Komen 3-Day For the Cure (Halp!) Reply with quote

I have taken on an incredible challenge. On July 22-24, 2011, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.

It's for an event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs. Komen for the Cure® works hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2,300 to help bring us closer to that goal.

Please consider making a donation. If you you'd like to make a large donation, but cannot do it all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at The3Day.org. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift!

While I do not have any immediate friends or family who have suffered breast cancer, it is all too common and has affected many of them indirectly. This cause means a lot to me as a young woman nearing 30 working as a Registered Nurse, where I have met many a newly diagnosed woman, as well as survivors.

One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day for the Cure. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.

Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation. Big or small, I need it all! If you don't want to donate online, please download and print a donation form from my Web page and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone. I would like to reach my fundraising goal as soon as possible, so don't delay! Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for your support and generosity!

P.S. Don't wait - donate today!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/NurseHouse

In addition to donating, I am asking the LOST fandom to sign up here if they're willing to help me with online fundraising. Basically, I want to start an LJ Comm up where people who donate get a fic, vid, or graphics in return. That's where you come in! PLEASE REPLY HERE IF YOU'RE WILLING.

Add me at LJ, (give me your LVI name too). http://ovariesofsteel.livejournal.com

Thank you Ais for allowing me to round up this little corner of fandom in my efforts.

FEEL YOUR BOOBIES LADIES AND GENTS! (Yes, gents.) SAVE THE TATAS!

Please also share any fundraising ideas you may have, and if you're willing to help raise funds in whatever corner of the world you live in that'd be great too!

-Eggy

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause

Last edited by OvariesOfSteel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so awesome!

I will definitely donate as soon as I can!

(((BIG HUGS)))
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU for what you're doing! This is such an awesome thing for you to do for an extremely worthy cause! Whenever you have the LJ comm up, do let me know!

And you're very welcome, we all want to see this horrible disease eradicated off the face of the planet and I'm glad to help as much as I can!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LVI notification FAIL!

I will definitely let you know! I'm waiting on a friend to work out logistics and will possibly just raise funds through her comm. But if we can't work that out fairly (since she's raising money for this too) then I'll start my own.

So far the donations I've received have been mostly onliners!

If I can raise awareness and get everyone to just regularly feel the boobies (in a non-sexual manner, for these purposes), I'll be happy!

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing4acause is now open at Livejournal!

Authors, please see this post to sign up for this really worthwhile cause!

Becca made this promo vid, as well!

Please feel free to pass this info along to anybody who might be interested in participating as well! Thanks so much!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only $1200 away from my goal of $2300!

I could REALLY use your help in pimping the community...

Also, if I set up a separate community for graphics/vids, would any of you be interested in donating said graphics/vids? Or in donating FOR graphics/vids?

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: