Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My novel is now available as an e-book on Kindle!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: My novel is now available as an e-book on Kindle! Reply with quote

Hello all my lovely LVI friends. I may be a stranger to some of you, because I haven't been truly active on this site for quite some time, but others of you know me very well, so I wanted to share this news with you all!

I self-published my novel, Euphoria (Part 1), as an e-book on Kindle. It only costs 99 cents, and you can read it on your computer using "Kindle for PC", or on any Android phone, or any device that can download the Kindle app (iPhone, Ipad, Mac, etc.). If those of you on my facebook are wondering why I haven't posted it there yet, I'm just waiting until it has a few more reviews and stuff before I put it up for everyone I know to look at, haha.

I would give it to you all for free if I could, but hopefully the 99 cents isn't too much, lol. I'm only making 35 cents off of each copy because if you price it at 99 cents you only make 35% royalty. If you price it at 2.99 you get a 70% royalty option, so I might increase the price in a few months. Anyway, please read it if you guys are interested!

In order to do this self-publishing thing, I split the book into two "parts", because originally the full novel contained two "books", so I decided to split the two "books" into two physical parts to expedite the publishing process as I'm still editing the second half, and the first half is lengthy enough to stand as a book on it's own.

Though it was once my intention to go the traditional publishing route and try to obtain a literary agent, I forfeited the traditional publishing route because the current market is so over saturated with YA Paranormal Romance (especially vampires) that agents and publishers are very, very weary of what kind of projects they accept these days. Plus, if I was shopping it to them it would be as the full novel, and since the editing isn't finished I thought this would be the best way to get the novel out there, considering that even though agents are cautious of these projects there is still a very big demand for it reader-wise. And, I've read many articles recently about authors self-publishing with Kindle and having moderate to insanely successful success, so I thought I'd give it a try!

Also, I retain all rights to the novel, so I can un-publish it at any time and shop it to agents if I want. We'll see where that goes, but for
now I'm just trying to promote the book online through book bloggers and everything. If you guys finish it and like it, please recommend it to your friends! Please let me know what you think of it too, because you know I'd love to hear it!

Here is the cover and product description (like what you would see on the back of the book). The product description is different from the one currently on the Amazon page--I literally just updated it with the new one, but it takes about a day to go through. I edited it because the current one was originally written for the full novel, so it contains plot information that doesn't really come in until the second part--so if you don't want to be mildly (very mildly) spoiled, don't read the description on the Amazon page just yet, lol.

Product Description:

He was so eluding and mysterious that I blurted my next question without sparing time to consider how tactful it may or may not have been.

“Do you have a name, stranger?”

His face contorted briefly, giving an expression that suggested he hadn’t expected that, as if forwardness wasn’t something he was accustomed to. But if he had been caught unawares, he recovered in a timely fashion, and answered swiftly.

“Remaunt,” he told me, looking directly into my eyes, as if he could see beyond my green irises, into the deepest and most secret bowels of my mind. A strange current ran through my body and made my hair stand on end as he repeated his name, refusing to divulge a last. “My name is Remaunt.”

----------------------

Disruption. Initiation. The Unknowable. So say the Runes, the ancient Viking Oracle of marked stones ominously laid out before college freshman Riley Dawson a few days before her departure for Lyndon State College. Leaving the sun of her California childhood for the crisp northern air of Lyndonville, Vermont, Riley soon dismisses and forgets the Runes’ prediction of the choices she would make, choices borne of her own unseen nature, a nature invisible even to herself.

Dismisses and forgets that is, until she meets Remaunt: enigmatic, sensual, arrogant, and vulnerable. Describing him as the dark shadow of Adonis, his veneer of cool poise captivates Riley from the moment she meets him. Yet, even as Riley tries deny her growing intrigue and fascination with her magnetically mysterious classmate, she ultimately finds that she cannot evade the truth of what he is. Remaunt is an immortal. Remaunt is a vampire.

And immortals have immortal enemies. As Riley soon finds out, Remaunt is not the only vampire residing in Lyndonville—and, after a few near-death encounters, she is forced to conclude that there are other vampires significantly more dangerous than Remaunt, and that they are not to be trifled with. Posing a formidable threat to not only Remaunt, they endanger her friends, the community, and, most importantly, Riley’s life itself.

With the crisis of disruption activated, the mystic power of initiation summoned, and the fire and chaos of the unknowable at hand, Riley finds herself as bait between several supernatural beings, locked in a war of wills fueled by revenge and anguish destined to a fate not even the immortals could envision.

And, finally, here is the link for Euphoria in the US Kindle Store:

http://www.amazon.com/Euphoria-Part-Book-ebook/dp/B004QTOIFY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&m=AZC9TZ4UC9CFC&s=digital-text&qid=1300311363&sr=1-4[/url]

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats Jourdan! If I had a kindle I'd download it. Let me know when its in the stores and I'll buy it!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if that will ever happen because it's only self-published electronically, but if I make enough money off of that I'm going to try top do a print run with Amazon.

If you want to though, you could download Kindle for Mac and read it there, but I know you're a busy mom of three so your time probably won't permit it, lol.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I'll try to do that when I get back from my trip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jourdan, that's AWESOME! I don't have a kindle but my mom does....I'll see if I can read it on hers.

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eryn! You are so sweet! Man, I have not talked to you IN FOREVER! Most of the LVI-ers I keep up with on facebook, but I don't think you're on mine! Do you have one??? I'm under "Jourdan Alexandra"!

And have fun on your trip Nikki!!!!! I didn't even know you were on one, lol.

khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jourdan, I didn't realize that you can only read it on Kindle - unfortunately I don't have one, or a Mac, so idk if there's any other way to view it...?
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the Kindle for PC for your computer and read it on there! Or if you have a smart phone. I understand it's different to read on the computer, so I don't blame you if you don't want to, lol.

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Proud of you! Jeez that was a kerfuffle to download though! Had to get Kindle for PC and this whole mess o' crap. But yay! I have it now. Enjoy your 24p or whatever you get! I'll post a review on Amazon when I'm done reading it, which might be ludicrously fast cause I'm a fast reader with literally nothing else going on in my life right now. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: