Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V- New Elizabeth Mitchell Show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: V- New Elizabeth Mitchell Show Reply with quote

Hey guys! This is my first post over on this side of LVI...so I only took a quick look see and didnt see anything about V. So proclaiming myself the #1 Liz fan thought that if I was going to start a new post here that it would have to do with my gal.

V is the reimagining of the 80's miniseries. My parents were fans of the old V, and I wasnt really in their demographics at the time. (I was around 4 )

Liz is playing Erica Evans, a Homeland Security/FBI agent who is coming to terms with a supposed peaceful alien invasion. She's also playing mom to Tyler who is drawn in by the alien's lure.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/v

Other cast members include: Morris Chestnut, Joel Gretsch, Morena Baccarin, Scott Wolf, Laura Vandervoort, Logan Huffman & Lourdes Benedicto

Im really excited to see this show and hope that it does really well!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I can't believe we don't have a thread for this yet! Thanks so much for starting it up, hon!

I'm looking forward to seeing this one! Yes, I watched the original miniseries/tv series... What's amazing is that I was, like, 2 years old or something!*

*Give or take a few years... Anyway, it was spectacularly '80s-tacular and I'm really interested in seeing it updated and, of course, can't wait to see EM in action! ♥!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Ais slip up on her age or was that just a misdirection j/k I watched it too. I was a mere whipper snapper when it was on US tv but we got it later over here so I was about 7/8 when I watched it.
Spoiler:

I remember that scene where she eats the guinea pig alive so vividly and the birthing scene *shiver*

To be honest when I heard the news that Liz was in V I thought it wasn't good enough for her. Love the old mini series but it was very cheesy but this new one looks pretty slick from what I've seen. Hopefully it will be good!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Im really excited to see it...and honestly it could be a pile of crap and I would watch it only because Liz was in it. But luckily it doesnt look like a pile of crap.

This site here also has 5 questions about V with Elizabeth Mitchell and Morris Chestnut...its all part of ABC's fall press tour.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/v

I cant wait to see Liz with her badge and gun...not to mention her heading up another series.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does a little V dance* Not sure what a V dance is...but Im sure that its awesome. I was watching Flashforward and they are now showing a bunch of ads for V. One I looked up on YT, and it looks good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFfpq1bWeA
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great show, too bad we'll have to wait until march to see the next ep...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the topic has died long time ago, but I have to write it somewhere, so I figured some of the LVI folks must watch V
I just watched the finale and am so freaking pissed. I mean, wtf? Will they just leave us like that, with a huge cliffhanger and won't make 3rd season? Come on!!
The plot thickens, some great characters were build and the final scene was heartbreaking. I was sitting at the edge of my chair through out the whole episode.
They just keep cancelling good shows...

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V seriously disturbed me last night! I didn't like Tyler but I was kind of upset how he died and Lisa watching was just so mortifying and then the end? I agree..WTF...they better make a season 3!! I can't believe how many people they killed and where the f*ck is Hobbes!?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they DO need to make a season 3! Its not done yet Ali, wont know till May. But the ratings have improved we'll just see if its been enough to save it. *fingers crossed*

Though I have to say that Im SO biased cause Im just so excited to finally get a show that when it says MAJOR Cast Member Dying it DOESNT mean my favorite actress's character.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda awful, cause when evil!Lisa ate Tyler I actually went like: YAAAY, finally. I hated him. He was the worst character ever. He was stupid and irrelevant. But I felt bad for Lisa. She's so screwed right now.
But I hope she and Joshua get together. They could be epic

And yeah, they've killed almost every main character. So if we get (I and hope that we will) get a 3rd season then the gossips are true about whole new cast.

But it's so good. I can't believe people don't watch it. So many great scenes. The last scene, with the blessing and seeing Jack blessed got me floored. It's so ironic, right? Anna telling him earlier that she wants to meet his god and now she became one for him. Well, not preciously she, but you get my point

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Ali! Well I wasn't sad for Tyler I was more sad for Lisa and Erica...thinking about Erica finding out made me so sad...but I agree.... Tyler was the worst character so I'm glad he's gone. Let's hope it comes back. Or its going to be like Earth 2 all over again! I'm still upset about the way the ended Earth 2!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I was furious about Earth 2. It was freaking awesome. My first tv crash comes from Earth 2

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same!! I was just thinking the other day that I need to re-watch it. Its so good!

aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find it anywhere to download. Was there a dvd release or something? If there was it didn't come to Poland

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there is a box set. I have it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: