Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

February Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: February Contest Information Reply with quote

February 2011
Contest: "StarCROSSEDLovers"
Deadline: March 3rd - extended!

The Details:

Love is in the stars this month of February and their are pairs of star-crossed lovers to be found! For this monthly contest, we want you to find your very own couple! (Get the hint yet, with the "crossed" in all caps in the title?) Choose one Lost character and one non-Lost character from any other fandom to make any Crossover ship you want! You can even have multiple crossover couples! Have you had that new crossover ship you have been so excited to vid about for the first time? One of your favorite crossover ships of all time? Well here's the opportunity! Or, the opportunity to think up some new crossover ships!

This a fun contest to use your creativity and bring another fandom into the mix with Lost, to show that we love our beloved Lost, but we love our other fandoms as well! It's all about Love obviously!!!! Good luck, have fun, and bring on the StarCROSSEDLove!!

The Rules:

Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a Crossover video that shows the love relationship between a Lost and non-Lost character.
• - No trailers or promos.
• - Multiple crossover couples and clips of Losties outside of Lost are allowed.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter, "February 2011 Contest Submission", exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say it can include multiple crossover couples, can one of them not include a Lost character? Cos me and Elyse are planning a collab with Jack/Richard (Torchwood/Lost) and Jack/Dean (Torchwood/Supernatural), so could we submit that?
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millie, yes, we'll allow non-Lost crossovers as part of a multi-couple vid so long as there's still a Lost/non-Lost couple involved (and hopefully still a prominent part of the vid since that's what the contest is asking for ).
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay cool! ^^ and we're splitting it pretty much in half, so yeah, the Jack/Richard part will be prominent
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO excited about this!!!!!!!!!! I've actually been really wanting to make a multi-ship crossover vid, where half of each pairing is a Lost character
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before begin, its ok a Ana Lucia/Damon vid? its one of my ideas but because Ian is in both shows ....
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Kaory, that will be fine to make an Ana Lucia/Damon vid. Even though Ian was on both shows, if he's supposed to be Damon and not Boone in this vid and you're using mainly The Vampire Diaries footage for him, then it still will count as a crossover. Can't wait to see it!
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video detail issues canceled my primary Feb -contest submission . I deleted the video -links and aplied a second contest submission as mirror to the first one. Hopes didnt confused you ,my second contest submission includes the alive links.
Plus i didnt catigoriezed correctly according to the new platform
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kastrato wrote:
Video detail issues canceled my primary Feb -contest submission . I deleted the video -links and aplied a second contest submission as mirror to the first one. Hopes didnt confused you ,my second contest submission includes the alive links.
Plus i didnt catigoriezed correctly according to the new platform

Thanks for letting us know about that. We did see that your first submission had all of the vid links deleted, so we figured you would be resubmitting it again. However, I don't show that we've got that second submission. Have you sent it in yet?
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Aislyn
I 'll resubmit
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I just wanted to know if it's okay if one pairing from a multifandom video is a original character/lost character?
Plus I want to make sure if I can submit a collab with another vidder?
Great idea for a contest, guys. I love it

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Unfortunately, OC's wouldn't be allowed for this contest because they won't count as a crossover character from another fandom. So we're going to have to say no to OC's But collabs are fine!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That excludes our video
Oh well, I'll try to figure something else out in that case.
Thanks

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New deadline - March 1st!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Sorry to ask, could we possibly extend the deadline a bit longer? I'm doing a collab with Millie and I think she wanted to submit it to this contest, but I don't think I'll be done in time... Thanks!

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: