Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vid pic help and information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Vid pic help and information Reply with quote

All vids submitted to LVI need to have a vid pic, the image that represents your vid on site. Here's some info you'll need to know to have a successful vid pic upload.

Vid pics must:

1. be a JPEG file (.PNG, .GIF or any other format won't work)
2. be under 20KB
3. be 201x113 pixels in size
4. have a distinctive filename (In other words, don't name all of your vid pics "vidpic.jpg" or all of your vids will end up having the exact same picture on site. If nothing else, try naming them with your username and the name of the vid or song -- leave out the punctuation, dont, cant, wont, and shouldve as opposed to don't, can't, won't, and should've -- and that should do the trick. If your vid submission fails with the "you have special characters" error, often times the special characters are in your vid pic name, so make sure that you don't have any punctuation in your file name.)

A good source of screencap images can be found from our friends at Lost-Media. If you just want a very basic pic, then resizing a screencap down to the appropriate 201x113 size will usually do the trick. If you're not able to resize your own picture, feel free to ask for help and someone will be glad to assist you.

If you're looking for a much prettier, elaborate vid pic, Kat (littleton_pace) has a request thread here. We also have a bunch of very talented artists with threads in the Fan Art section who might also be willing to help if you ask. Just remember, it's not considered polite or good etiquette to take someone's fan art (icons, banners, wallpapers, etc.) and use them for your vid pic without getting their permission first.

If you have any questions or problems involving vid pics, feel free to post them here or PM one of the Council Members and we'll be glad to help you in any way we can!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a Good Web-based photo shop program??? I keep looking to edit some photo pics and can not seem to find a good program??

ANything would help!!

Thanks
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know members here who use Gimp and find that it serves all the art-making needs they have I personally use Paintshop Pro 8

Gimp is a free program, but PSP you can get a 30 day trial

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namaste nikki wrote:
Does anyone know of a Good Web-based photo shop program??? I keep looking to edit some photo pics and can not seem to find a good program??

ANything would help!!

Thanks

http://www.picnik.com/

Also a nice place; a lot of the stuff is free some of the stuff you have to upgrade your account which does cost; I use the free version. You don't have to download anything.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use Paintshop Pro 8. For free web-based programs, though, I've heard of many people using Picnik (or Gimp for a downloaded program).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: