Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A Christmas Story " by Kastrato

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: "A Christmas Story " by Kastrato Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"A Christmas Story " 12-23-2010
December 2010 contest submission
Song: City Of Lovers by David Arnold
Vidder: Kastrato
Length: 3:26 (107mb wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIKPm1CxDg
http://vimeo.com/18126630

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Nice video, good luck in the contest!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Aw, this was very lovely, I loved the Kate scenes and island scenes you chose Good luck in the contest!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really was a lovely vid, it had a great, dreamy atmosphere to it!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

This was really captivating. It was really beautiful yet really sad. I enjoyed it, good luck in the contest.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

This was a fascinating premise, and executed very well for the most part. There were a couple lines of dialog that didn't seem to fit, but most of the dialog and scene manips worked really well. I loved the lovely yet haunting quality of the music, and the sound of the "tikka tikka" added in places. I'm not 100% sure I followed the story, but I think I got most of it. This is probably my favorite of your vids so far. Good job and good luck in the contest!
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Thank you dudes ,i hope you enjoyed it as i did .As for the contest i should use more than good luck with all these silvers lol but its not just the goal that means to me ,i always enjoy to participate
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

You get better and better with each vid, Kastrato! So keep up the great work. If you ever want me to beta for you, just PM me and I'd be happy to. =)
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Am i ?... i just killed one of my most favorite character , Kate . Didnt plan to shoot it that far...and yet i crossed the line.Isnt it enough ? ...i wonder...
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

I think it's awesome that you pushed the line for yourself. It's not something everyone is brave enough to do. Your storytelling will continue to improve, just keep at it, and be proud of your silvers. Silvers are great! You're good at what you do and you're always improving. There are a couple of awesome threads that really helped me make the jump from silver to gold, if you want to check them out:

Hobbes Guide to How to Get Silver and Gold - http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6884

And then this thread has a few links that are really useful for vid improvement. http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10765

Keep up the great work! I'm always excited to see your next vid!
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Huge help Eloramoon thanks for being nice. I am not really complaining though.I just try to realize and analyze the view-vote(generaly not about the contest) thinking.For example i choose to compare an excellent contest video edit by benlinusisagoodguy ,the Bah Humbug! ...
...Benlinusisagoodguy I am a huge fan of your work! We both have submit our edits on Darkufo (I have closed my youtube channel )
and we gets votes from DArkufo and Lostvideo.net (benlinusisagoodguy has open his youtube channel which is a plus ).
Then i look at our sum-videos views and my edit get over a 1000 views in 4 days and the Bah Humbug (which i believe it must win one of the three contest places) on only 500 views (started on 22 dec) .I must also mention that "Bah Humbug "gets 28 likes and " A Christmas Story" 7 likes .
With this straight example and yet the views-votes are strainge.I believe Bah Humbug is greater than the Christmas Story and yet the Christmas Story runs a faster way .On the other hand Christmas Story has choosed no promotion on youtube friends and contacts ,Bah Humbug has a serrious plus on friends and contacts support .
Its strainge isnt it .
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: A Christmas Story by Kastrato Reply with quote

Aww that was a lovely video It was done so well and I enjoyed to watch you're music choice was ace great job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: