Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Can't Believe Lost Wasn't Nominated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: I Can't Believe Lost Wasn't Nominated Reply with quote

I cannot believe Lost wasn't nominated for the Golden Globes this year. :Shock: They nominated shows from 2009-2010 so Lost should have been nominated. I've seen shows that were canceled get their nominations; IE Will and Grace.

The show was weak but still deserved it's nomination as well as the actors; I felt this was Matthew Fox's year; he was incredible as Jack. He made Jack develop in very believable ways. The way he made Jack turn from a on believer into a believer in 6 years is incredible.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not super surprised they weren't nominated. The Golden Globes haven't really been to keen on the Lost love since the 1st season, and seriously - they only nominated Michael Emerson once, compared to his 4 consecutive nominations at the Emmys.

It's just a different group of people picking the nominees, and even though this was the last season, it was probably the weakest out of the entire show, and I hate to say it, but there has been some much, much stronger TV recently (Boardwalk Empire, for example), so Lost didn't really stand a chance.....it sucks, but that's the way it goes
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised either...Lost and the actors were kinda of always snubbed by award shows....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big awards shows are nutorious for snudding fantasy/sci-fi shows sadly.

If anything, John Noble deserves a nomination more than anyone on tv right now.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 6 was it's weakest season but some of those actors were on top of their games and deserved nominations; the show as a whole didn't; but those actors did.

Lost really hasn't been snubbed by the big awards. It's been nominated for the Emmy all 6 years. And Golden Globes 4 out of the 6 years. (I was wrong Michael Emerson was nominated for Supporting for the Golden Globes)

I am probably saying this as a bias fan but Matthew Fox deserved to be nominated; he was on TOP of his game season 6. I"ve never seen an actor take a character and change him in such a believable way like Fox did.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm surprised Evangeline Lilly never got nominated. I think she's had some really amazing acting scenes over the years! Elizabeth Mitchell too!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was nominated for a Golden globe back in 07. I remember that; it was the year I had just gotten into Lost; and wanted her to win.

A lot of the cast was snubbed; I didn't feel that Michael Emerson was that great this year. I thought others were better then him.

Josh Holloway last year deserved a nomination; as well as Elizabeth Mitchell for that entire scene of Juliet going down the shaft.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't surprised either, Lost is generally snubbed apart from Terry and Michael.

I'm with you Debbie, John noble needs recognition! as does Fringe in general. its defintiely the best thing on TV right now, IMO.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK Michael is nominated. I felt his work was weaker this year; other actors were better then both him and Terry this year.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost was not nominated for anything at the Globes this year, not even Michael Emerson. And I agree - I love the man, but he was not on the top of his game this season.

It would have been nice if Matthew Fox had been nominated - I think some of his best work was in this last season, but unfortunately, I think that even though an actor may put on a great performance, if the show or the season of the show was weak, it won't even be considered. And let's face it - the Globes suck up to shows like Mad Men & House, because it's easier to nominate what's already been nominated than god forbid, put a new nominee in there. Steve Buscemi is the only new comer to that category this year, and I think being on HBO had something to do with that...(I'm not saying he wasn't good, in fact, I'm rooting for him, but again - if you're on HBO, you're almost guaranteed a nomination.)

And I also agree with the John Noble love - it really kind of pisses me off that because he's on a sci-fi show, he wouldn't even be considered. He's absolutely brilliant in that role (and it's even better now that he's playing two very different Walters) and it just disappoints me that he's looked over.

I was also pretty angry that Michael Shannon wasn't nominated for Boardwalk Empire. Dunno if anyone here watches besides me (and Julia of course ), but Michael Shannon is to Boardwalk what Michael Emerson is to Lost. He pretty much stole the show and he's created such a fascinating & complex character - totally psychotic, and like Michael Emerson, pretty damn creepy....I'm sure he'll get a nom at the Emmys though....
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, too, Abby! He's pretty amazing!

I wasn't surprised about Lost getting snubbed, either. It's such a bummer, though. It definitely would have been nice to see Matthew Fox get rewarded for Jack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: