Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie and Claire Getting Together?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Charlie and Claire Getting Together? Reply with quote

hey just wondering if anyone else thinks Charlie n Claire will or should get together by the end of the season and if not yet then by season 2. Those two are the reason i watch the show and I really, really, really hope they get together.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just what do you mean by "get together"? I mean, they're already together, and..... OHHHHHHHHHH ohhhhh.... oh.. yeah.... yep.... ummmm.... go read some fanfiction
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything much standing in the way of Charlie and Claire eventually becoming a couple - what would be interesting to ME would be to see them at odds. (Which, if you think about it, would make it just that much more rewarding if they do ever "get together.")

Hobbizzle, you're such a dork.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They arn't together yet on the show. l was talking about an actual boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Gees.

SuperKC l guess that would be cool too.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the whole Charlie/Claire "thing" started, I've been trying to pinpoint what I dislike about the Charlie/Claire pairing.

Dom is my favorite actor. Charlie is not my favorite character, but he's definately up there in my list of favorites. I enjoy him.

Claire is adorable. I like her as a character.

And I must admit they are cute together. The peanut butter scene did make me go "awww!" (I'm not a machine )

I think the problem is that they're just too cute.

There's no real conflict. The whole thing is just too easy.

I mean yes there's the whole Claire kidnapping blah blah blah. But this doesn't really cause more conflict for their "relationship". She doesn't remember anything. Claire has basically become a plot device for Charlie's personal angsting.

Personally, I don't want them to get together. At least not yet. I'd like them to explore Charlie's darker side a lot more. I wouldn't be against them hooking up after another season of individual character development though.

I'm such a sucker for angst and fucked up pairings. Charlie/Claire is just too normal for me to really enjoy.

I like both characters on their own, but having them get together (at least at THIS point) doesn't really do anything for me. Also the intense fangirling over the pairing has probably put me off a tad.

This is a Spuffy girl talking, just so you know the types of pairings I enjoy Which is probably why I'd sooner root for Kate/Sawyer over Kate/Jack even though I like Jack better as a character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I find REAALLLLY weird about those two, is when Claire had lost her memory, and she was back with everybody, there was even less conflict with Charlie than before she lost her memory
I mean... you're stuck on a freaking desert island that you suddenly just APPEARED on since you were on a plane (or at least from Claire's knowledge) and here's this creepy little bearded guy who says he was your "friend". This guy just went and KILLED someone with no explanation to you except "he's the bad guy" (Claire hadn't even SEEN him in her memory) You'd think there'd be a LOT more of a mistrust / angst there... but no, instead they're holding hands on the beach once again...
Also, you'd think Claire would start her worrying about her baby again, what with not remembering that trail of thought she and Charlie discovered that led her to believe that the psychic KNEW that she would be here on the island...
annnnnnyyyyway... yeah.

btw Holly_baby, I was just being silly LOL but I do think that whole boyfriend/girlfriend is already kinda in place... jst not the "physical" manner of which I hinted at... *cough*.. .*cough*....

I can't wait until someone with a big sense of humor comes in here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O~Sorry Hobbes if l was being bitchy.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You weren't you were being protective of C/C LOL
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I am a huge Claire/Charlie shipper, I too think it is too soon for them to get together. I'm a big fan of couples that have it really rough before they get together, because to agree with the other poster, it makes it SO much more rewarding.

And I was/am a Spuffy fan too

But they definitely need to kiss by the end of the season or I will go crazy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: