Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shortening the break

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Shortening the break Reply with quote

Have you heard the rumor? ABC is thinking about moving the new epsiode up to the 30th, instead of the 13th!

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's better than nothing. They're still a bunch of bitches for making us wait period.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam straight
why make such a long season if they have to do that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
I guess that's better than nothing. They're still a bunch of bitches for making us wait period.

I agree! If we all think back to December/January they already had one break this season!

My lost music vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every show is like this with breaks. (With the exception of 24 and Alias who waited until January to START airing episodes so they could give you "concentrated season" or something.)

But still, almost all scripted shows have countless breaks throughout the season. Most shows start in late september/early october and end in april or may. They also have around 22-24 episodes each. If they just went straight through without any breaks (or even with just one "holiday December/January break) they would have much more than 22-24 episodes.

But when you're really into a show, it seems excessive, even though it's really common.

ETA: If they start at the beginning of October and go through May, that's roughly 32 weeks. That's 10 weeks more than a 22 episode show would need to air all of their episodes. So they'd need at least 10 weeks of "hiatus" in between episodes in order to stretch it that long and more if the season started in September. I don't know why the seasons start/end as they do, but they do.

I guess the alternative would be watching the show straight through for 5 1/2 or 6 months and then having off for 6 or 6 1/2 months out of the year. Me? I prefer it this way.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good point KC. I never thought about the logistics of the show and their airing timeperiod. In this case I suppose it is fine.

I agree with you and prefer this to a 6 month hiatus.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok now I am really annoyed!!! i kept hearing all this stuff about how in the U.S lost is on a long break so i thought oh ok 'this will give us a chance to catch up a bit' coz here in australia we are only getting ep7 on thursday

but now...... the bastards on our network are taking it off for three weeks because of easter!!! now if that is not a poor excuse then i don't know what is... i mean easter is only one weekend and they are taking the show off for 3 weeks. now i am a sucker for spoilers so i do know roughly most of the important stuff up til ep18 but that is not the point damnit!!!

arrgghh, why must they torture us!!!!!!!!

ok *breathes* phew sorry about that, just had to get that off my chest, so now i feel everyone elses pain, with the break happening
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is why I'm starting to appreciate programming on HBO and Showtime more and more. Granted, their seasons are pretty short, (only about 12-18 episodes) but because of that, they can run a season in it's entirety (with the exception of Sex and the City Season 6) with no problem. The downside is you have to wait another 9-12 months for the new season.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of internet connection do you have again fallen_angel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, i only have dial-up @ the mo'... but we are looking to get broadband hopefully in the not too distant future... why do you ask???
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is old news, but I just saw on ABC's official site that the next episode is indeed scheduled for MARCH 30! That's next wednesday! YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHH! -Little John
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missed this topic for a bit >.< opps

Quote:
Hobbes, i only have dial-up @ the mo'... but we are looking to get broadband hopefully in the not too distant future... why do you ask???

because you need to catch up! As soon as you get broadband, just start a pack for all the lost episodes. Hell, I might even send them over to ya lol
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
ok now I am really annoyed!!! i kept hearing all this stuff about how in the U.S lost is on a long break so i thought oh ok 'this will give us a chance to catch up a bit' coz here in australia we are only getting ep7 on thursday

but now...... the bastards on our network are taking it off for three weeks because of easter!!!

I just noticed this... Our first hiatus in the states was for Christmas, and it started right after ep 7. So that's completely normal for a "Network" (I mean not on premium cable) show to do (re:above, See: KC's hiatus explanation)

Or you could wait for broadband and DL all the eps. I have to do that anyways, cause I have conflicting activites on Wednesday nite (our VCR is posessed and we don't have TiVO), plus it gives you lotsa material for vids

B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: