Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the Contest Talk board!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito! Loved your intro!!!

That shot of Boone at the end cracked me up!

The painty effect was quite cool as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you can find my contest entry temporary at http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25N068TM91HWG28ZDBPN3SND1A till Charmax put it up on digital-dreamers...

And now I'm off to watch finally all the awesome entries I have restained myself so far...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asstard! I am so speechless! That was beautiful! Why don't we just give her the medal now people?
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! that was verrry good! Until it Sleeps! Yes!

I noticed you only fit in 5 actor credits (considering the pace of the song, I understand why). But other than that, superb job!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I credited six... Plus the producers!

In the first draft I forgot to include Jin, Walt and Michael, so Charmax had to remind me, that all main actors had to appear and it wasn't just a question of the song pace... Most tv series have their regulars in the credits and recuring characters as 'Special guest' and I took the liberty to make my list of the characters I won't mind seeing in every episode...

Alright, now on to the other entries:

@Charmax: You already know how I feel about your credits... They we're the reason I decide not to watch the other entries, because they might dispirit me... Love yours, excellent song choice, brilliant editing and they just kick ass, mostly mine!

@Jake: I love the song and the blur, great scene selection and cool font... The video flows really smooth...

@Enchirito: The paint effect at the end is fantastic, it worked especially cool on the explosion, also the end made me laught out loud and the song and font is just excellent! And I love Sawyers head tilt on the beat... Made me also laugh!

@MoreLight: The music was really beautiful and dreamy, quite a contrast to the rest more fast paced entries I saw so far. I loved especially the way your text moved to the beat and similar to the original credits. Scene collection was also great!

@Whoever made a file named LostOpeningTitles_0002: Great music score, the way you picked up with the drama in the music and made it visible was great.

@Whoever made a file named cochise: Very cool green filter, the way it repeated itself during the vid was just excellent. I loved the scanlines and reversed scenes. Excellent work!

Oh and my vid is up now at http://digital-dreamers.net/wp/index.php?cat=7! Thanks Charmax! *hug*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNNNNNDDDD WHAT'S THIS!?! A THIRD CONTENDER HAS WALKED INTO THE RING!! WHAT WAS ONCE A BATTLE OF THE TITANS IS TURNING INTO AN ALL-OUT BRAWL!!! THIS COULD GET UGLY FOLKS!!! HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS, BECAUSE WE'RE IN FOR THE MATCH OF A LIFETIME!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in peace, but if you want war, you get it!

*gets in Angel-kick-ass mode*

You see that scowl, it means harm... And death and other pretty things, like torture, punishment and Tele tubbies!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astarte: HOLY AWESOME. That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jake! But your credits were pretty amazing too... I really loved the blur, gave it a total unique feel! *hug*
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astarte wrote:
Okay, you can find my contest entry temporary at http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25N068TM91HWG28ZDBPN3SND1A till Charmax put it up on digital-dreamers...

And now I'm off to watch finally all the awesome entries I have restained myself so far...

Astarte I love you, I love this video and you top this contest! Everyone has done an awesome job with their entries but for me yours shines above all others.

Astarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the crap, you make me blush constantly and I can't pull that look off like you, English Rose!

And you already know, who my winner is, so stop it! Please! Thank you, honey!
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Astarte!!!
wow! ok so whoever make the top 3 must be really really amazing vidders!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK what we've decided to do is have three videos that are winners, and two that get honorable mention. There have been too many good entries to try and just knock it down to three.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you're wrong, but I dont know if you're right either lol
Well this way makes sense at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astarte
Thanks for watching my submission! I really liked your solution to this contest and the division of the screen into 3 with 2 blurred sections on either side was very creative. I liked the effect it created. Technical merit too since I couldn't see any mistakes from a mechanical standpoint either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: