Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting music into WMM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uherenye
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Getting music into WMM? Reply with quote

I have a song in iTunes that I want to use for a vid, but I can't figure out how to get it into WMM. Can someone please help?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

errr... I don't know much about iTunes, but if you can figure out what formt it is, I can help probably... Can you right click on a song and select "Properties" in iTunes? If so, then look at the file name in there, and there should be a period followed by three letters/numbers. Tell me what those are, and I my be able to help!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uherenye
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...*looks* It says ".m4p".
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hnmmm... okay, it might have problems working... I'm not sure, but I think you need Divx to play m4p files (wait, is it mp4 or m4p? ) Can you play the file on oyur computer, or does it only work on your iPod?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uherenye
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can play it on my computer in iTunes, but I've never tried it in a different program.
EDIT: Doesn't work in Windows Media Player, does work in QuickTime.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, okay, I'd try downloading and installingDivx and if that doesn't do the trick, Winamp
they both have special audio codecs that allow some songs to play tht other programs can't play. Should be good I hope you're not runnign on windows 98 or something, or else you'll need a different version of Divx oh well, I'll just assume you have an XP or something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: