Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Mr Brightside" by P Chan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you make some more soon, P Chan. for you r first video here, this is pretty 'effing good LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I hope you make some more soon, P Chan. for you r first video here, this is pretty 'effing good LOL

I agree 200% hope to see more from you soon
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
Hobbes wrote:

I agree 200% hope to see more from you soon

l do too as well. You're awesome P Chan.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimbiAni: Do you have any vids here at LVI? (After posting this I'll probably go back to the site and look for myself, but I ask anyways. ) Any recommendations?
About the shots of Jack and Sawyer as kids: To be honest, I simply had no idea what to make of this line 'Turning through sick lullabys'. Then I thought lullabys are kinda connected to childhood and hoped it would at least make a bit sense.

Hobbes, fallen_angel and Hollywood: Thanks again. I am currently working on a cast vid to the song Take A Look Around by Limp Bizkit. It's an action vid, which I personnally find pretty hard to do. So, I really hope it won't suck. LOL. It'll probably take a while since I'm having trouble with my editing program.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program? WMM?

The sick lullabys was one of my favorite parts.

Can't wait for your next vid.
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that I never commented on how awesome this vid was!

I watched it last week and thought I'd commented but apparently I didn't!

Anyway, LOVED this vid! It was extremely well done, great song choice!

Hope to see more vids from you soon!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SimbiAni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!

Actually I havent vidded for LOST yet! The 14 vids I've done so far are all for movies, LoL. I do have a bunch more ideas for various shows I love also, ie Smallville/Charmed/Buffy/Angel/Lost/etc, but being obsessive like I am, I'd first want to ripped the complete seasons by myself, and they would probly need their own external HD, hehe. And I havent even bought any of their DVDs yet, plus Charmed & Lost are not fully on dvd either. (I have dialup so I dont dL epi's). So that all comes to being able to afford anything... which I cant, at least at the mo'. Plus I'm saving to see BSB on tour this summer ^_^

As far as recs go, I cant name any offhand, but I'll let you kno when my Faves page is updated! (which will be including yours!)

Oh, and it totally made sense!
P Chan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy: Yep. Evil WMM. Lately, my timeline has been kind of messed up. Hopefully I'll have more time to continue with my next vid soon.

Ringwench: Thanks, glad you liked it. Btw. your Clint Easwood vid was awsome. Perferct for Locke.

SimbiAni: I find making a vid for a movie rather difficult, because you usually don't have much to choose from. And I also always wanted to do Buffy and Angel vids, but now that I finally have the DVD, I fell like everything has been done already.

'Knock, knock!'
'Who's there?'
'Interrruption Cow.'
'Interrup--'
'Moooo!
SimbiAni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL Veronika! So, you basically have the opposite problem I do- that you think there's *too little* to work with! Hehe, while I think tv with its hours and hours of episodes and whole seasons (and for all shows I mentioned minus Lost, would be more than 3-4 seasons each, at least- to work with) are just overwhelming to me at the moment... LoL.

But the vids I've done have come out pretty great, I love the challenge of making a song fit to a movie, altho the first part is finding a song that fits lyricwise (gotta love the irony of "Climbing the Walls"). And every movie I've done so far, the scenes have been in movie order, which some might say is even more difficult if they prefer to mix & match lyrics & scenes, etc. With the exception of two vids- for "Anastasia". Those ones- "Tell Him" and "You're Beginning to Get to Me"- had mixed scenes becuz they werent so much movie-themed as shippyness. Movie-themed keeps scenes in order to tell the movie's story with the song, to me.

I havent seen many Buffy/Angel vids yet (seems everytime I come across one I might be interested in watching, the link is dead) but I've seen a few good ones. I think the key to doing something new and unique and not cliche/overdone is to avoid Top40 songs, probly. Try going thru the other songs (non-singles) on your fave albums, for inspiration, see what you come up with ^_^ I get ideas that way all the time, hehe.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard this song agina and it reminded me of this perfect video. I hope you're making more Veronica You said you were on your way with a video, so where is it? lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P Chan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lowers head in shame*

I didn't really have the time to work on my video. But it's nearly done now, only twenty seconds or so left. I'll hopefully finish it as soon as I'm back from my vacation. Give it another two weeks.

'Knock, knock!'
'Who's there?'
'Interrruption Cow.'
'Interrup--'
'Moooo!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeeeeet
Kate Ford

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see this video, but the link has gone dead. Does anyone have it so that I can watch it. I was listening to this song in the car on my way to work this morning and I found myself saying "wow this would make a GREAT S/K/J love triangle song" so I'm absolutely beside myself with excitement at the prospect of one floating out there in the ether!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link down.

'Knock, knock!'
'Who's there?'
'Interrruption Cow.'
'Interrup--'
'Moooo!

Last edited by P Chan on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
lost_too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is really, really similar to a Harry Potter one I saw with the same song. I noticed the HP one was made first, did that one inspire you...a lot??? LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: