Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streamload ARGH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Streamload ARGH! Reply with quote

Okay, I came up with (what I hope) is a nifty little (under 3MB, so I mean that literally) "Lost" vid and planned on putting it up in one of Streamload's free accounts. Might I preface by saying that I read all the material on their site that I could find, up to the part where it tells you how easy it is to host files with them.

So I opened the account. I waited the 12 minutes it took for the file to upload. I followed the instructions on how to move a file into the "hosted" section, where I would then be given a URL address to give out. And then it informs me that I'm a Freeloader and am not allowed to host files, but if I'd like to pay... Well, ARGH!

And ARGH say I again! I went back and read the material they provide and NOWHERE does it say that you can't host files from a free account! Not anywhere that I can find, anyway.

I'm steamed. I'm cheesed. I'm steamed cheese and I'm sitting here with a vid that I really, really, really wanted to show people!

ARGH!

Anybody have any words of advice for some very sad steamed cheese? (Other than steamed cheese is probably good on toast or with crackers? )

~Aislynn
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about streamload and how it works so the only advice I can give you on how to temporarily share your file is to upload it to the yousendit.com servers - the link is good for 7 days or 25 downloads, whichever comes first (and then you can always re-upload it.)
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Streamload ARGH! Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

I'm steamed. I'm cheesed. I'm steamed cheese...

You're Saganaki? No wait, that's fried cheese soaked in Ouzo and set on fire (and it's damn good if you can get it at a good Greek restaurant).

Sorry can't help ya...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I was hoping to get a good "cheese" response.

Anyway, thanks for recommending YouSendIt, SuperKC. If Streamload would've just told me that the free accounts can't do hosting, then I would've saved myself the trouble! (Still may send them an e-mail about that. Don't you think they should at least tell you what the free accounts can and can't do? )

Okay, less steamed now... Keep an eye out for "The Reaction Shot Song" link. I'd put it here but I don't know if anybody would find it...

Thanks again for the help!

~Aislynn
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(in response to the cheese joke) No prob!

"I wear the cheese, it does not wear me."~The Cheese Man, Buffy 4.22 Restless
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B! Stop referencing relevant Buffy episodes! It makes me want to put in my dvds!

And by the way, I've made a place for the cheese slices right over here, but they won't protect you, kay?
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I did it over in the crazy theory thread too.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm drowning in footwear!!!"
Ok this has nothing to do with what you guys were talking about (other than Buffy quotes) but I couldn't resist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the drowning it footwear line - Shan SHOE.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Spike Rox! Ok just some random BTVS quotes!-
"That'll put marzipan in your pie plate Bingo!"-Buffy-bot
"Don't warn the tadpoles! "-Willow
'You're a vampire. Oh, I'm sorry. Was that an offensive term? Should I say undead American?'-Buffy
'I've lost friends tonight, and I may lose more. If you have information worth hearing then I am grateful for it. If you want to make jokes then I will pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat.' -Buffy
'I can beat up the demons until the cows come home... and then I can beat up the cows.'-Buffy

Ok I'm done because this just isn't the place, or the time.
-Jaime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Random Buffy Quotes:

Spike: Oh, the Great Xander thinks so? Shudder, gasp! It must be true!

Spike: You Englishmen with your Nancy-boy accents... bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. I'm English!
Giles: Welcome to the Nancy Tribe.

Spike: I'm insane, what's Xander's excuse?

Andrew: Timothy Dalton should win an Oscar and beat Sean Connery over the head with it!!!

Andrew: I miss "Ferris" Mathew. "Broadway" Matthew, I find him cold.

Andrew: We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa-burgers, and not one of you bunch has the midiclorians to stop her.

Buffy: I mean, I know every Slayer comes with an expiration mark on the package, but I want mine to be a long time from now... Like a Cheeto...

Buffy: You always think harder is better. Maybe the next time I patrol, I should carry bricks and use a stake made of butter.

Buffy: Yes. And then I'm going to marry Bob Dole and raise penguins in Guam.

Giles: Well, we listened to some aggressively cheerful music sung by people chosen for their ability to dance, then we ate cookie dough and talked about boys.

Okay, Okay I'm stopping before someone yells at me that this is the "Help" Thread and not the Off-Topic shindig
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a job for the threadmaster!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you already paid?! because we just found a way to solve out bandwidth problems forever You may not want to use that

If you really want to help, you could hook up a second computer (crappy as you want) to your modem, and host all the bittorrent files on the site >.< LOL
if someone can do that, we would have unlimited bandwidth...

*drooooool*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: