Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"One Piece for Another" by eloramoon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: "One Piece for Another" by eloramoon Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"One Piece for Another" 05-31-2010
May 2010 contest submission. Flocke takes Claire as a playing piece in his game with Jacob, but Jacob returns Charlie to the board so he can trade places with Claire, allowing her to be good again so she can go home.
Song: Your Protector by Fleet Foxes
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 4:40 (53 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6USVv0dOqc
http://namastenikki.ning.com/video/one-piece-for-another
http://www.mediafire.com/?i67dg4zaohunjh2

Last edited by eloramoon on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Julia!! Just Epic!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: One Piece for Another by eloramoon Reply with quote

Zomg, that was incredible! I got really into the story line; it was so unique and captivating. I like how Claire was dreaming of Charlie and the edits of Flocke and Claire together were perfect (same with Charlie and Jacob. The end was sad but I "Aww"ed. I really enjoyed this and it's usually hard for me to enjoy AU story lines. The title picture for the vid is beautiful too. Good luck in the contest!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: One Piece for Another by eloramoon Reply with quote

Nikki - Thank you sooooo much! I'm so glad you liked it! (((HUGS)))

Serena - Wow! Thank you!!! I'm happy that the story came across and that you enjoyed it!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: One Piece for Another by eloramoon Reply with quote

Great job Julia! I really liked the coloring that you used- it was very artsy and unique. Very interesting storyline, I liked it a lot! Gold from me!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Sara! (((HUGS)))
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

JULIA!!!! I'm nearly in tears right now! That was a masterpiece!! One of your best, if not THE best!! I knew it would be awesome when I read the description but this was truely AMAZING!!! I feel like I want to write a fanfic to it now or something! I love love love the theory/plot!! And the manips you had worked incredibly well. I loved Jacob bringing Charlie back to life!! And the manip of MIB killing him and Claire was holding his hand And I loved the "darkness" taking over Charlie and him talking with Flocke. But I really adored the end of Claire leaving and Charlie tearfully watching. God, that tugged on my heartstrings, lol! I love it, def. a gold from me and I'm going to fave this on YT! Fabulous job!!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Julia, this was truely incredible and soo soo epic, I loved this! Your storyline rocked with Charlie, you did a fabulous job showing the story using the perfect clip choices and manips to just grab my attention, my eyes were glued to the screen the whole way through this! I love the song choice! My friend actually likes Fleet Foxes and I've been trying to get into them, so this was awesome that you vidded to this song! Your editing and creativity also rocked in this video, I loved Claire and Locke in the mirror and then later Charlie punching Locke and then Locke hitting Charlie and then BAM!
Spoiler:

Claire with her eye and all the clips flowing through it

BRILLIANT! Good luck in the contest!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! That was just so unique and innovative! I love how you used the chess visual/metaphor like that! Very epic and such a great theory! Awesomely done! I loved it! ♥!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh; that was such a great idea Julia!! I really loved it! Makes me annoyed we didn't get more of this sort of thing in the show. the very idea that jacob brought charlie back was BRILLIANT I loved the scene where Charlie beat up Locke and Claire was smiling The overlays were generally very well done and the story flowed really easily I really liked the story because it's what Charlie died for; to get Claire safely off the island. It's nice to see it in your vid since the show neglected it! Well done!

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow, that was really good! Excellent storyline and cool manips.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Jemma: Wow! Thank you! Your comment made me squee!

Kate: Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it! I am still trying to get into the Fleet Foxes, too, but I totally adore this song. <3

Ais: Thanks, Ais! I'm so glad you liked the chess metaphor. I imagined it from the first time I envisioned this vid, but I didn't know if it would work. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Kat: Yay! Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it and enjoyed my theory/wish. It definitely would have been nice if they'd been able to cover that end of things more. Thank you so much for the use of your site. I couldn't have made this without it!

Heather: Aw, thanks! I'm so glad you liked the storyline and manips!

(((HUGS))) you all!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Oooh woah!! Fantastic video Julia!!! First off, I loved your song choice, it was so interesting and felt really fitting with your storyline and just the whole feel of the video. Your storyline was really different too, I really enjoyed it, and your manips were awesome. I particularly loved the one at the very end with Charlie watching the plane fly off. Fantastic!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: One Piece for Another (PB&J) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow! What a fantastic idea Julia! I loved this so much! Your manips and story were perfect, i really loved that Charlie came back so that she could go home. that was so sweet and so like Charlie. Wonderfully done!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats again on first place for this, Julia!! Do you have a download link for this vid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: