Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) Reply with quote

Did anyone see the new one yet? I saw the midnight showing with friends and it was sooo much fun. I think midnight showings really bias my opinion on the movie I see because the atmosphere is just so friggin fun, you can't help but like the movie too, but I still thought the movie was actually pretty good on it's own.

I was very excited to see it ever since I heard Jackie Earle Haley was going to play Freddy because I was a big Watchmen fan and he was amazing as Rorschach. I thought he had a great presence for Freddy. He was definitely different from Englund's portrayal, so if you wanted him to mimic him exactly, you probably won't like it. He went a lot darker in tone and action, while Englund's was more playful in his dark, evilness, more cheesy (though there were definitely a few cheesy Freddy puns in there. LOL). I still enjoyed it a lot though. I'm going to go see it again on Monday.

What did you guys think? If you haven't seen it do you want to see it? If you saw it, did you like it? Were you a fan of the original films? I like them for the cheesyness. xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good, then? I want to see it because of Kellan Lutz and Katie Cassidy (tehe) but I've been slightly apprehensive since the last remake I saw (Friday the 13th) was God awful and I haven't even seen the original. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, then! I might go see it sometime. But then I might wait for the DVD.

art by me&tammy
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely wanna see this. I loved the orginal's, though after the first few they got to be pretty silly, so I stopped watching them, but the first one was epic. I didn't know who the guy was that plays Freddy, but my brother watches that Human Target show, and showed him to me. He definitely has a nice creep factor going on. Plus I love Kellan Lutz to pieces, so that just made me all the more excited to see this.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it. Not because the movie was a work of art or anything though, but because it was fun and it had actors I enjoyed. It was darker than the originals, but exciting to see in theaters. Did any of you end up seeing it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: