Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone interested in answering some questions about Lost?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Anyone interested in answering some questions about Lost? Reply with quote

Hey you guys,

I know I haven't posted a video or anything on the site in a while, but I was hoping someone wouldn't mind answering a few questions about Lost and how it has effected their lives, what it means to you, etc.

Any participation would be great! If you're interested just post a reply or send me an email at JessiPu87@gmail.com.

Thanks!

And this is for a feature I am writing for my Magazine Writing class. I go to school at the University of Georgia.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to do it for you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Thank you soo much for replying. Would you like me to just send you the questions in a post or would you rather me send them to you via email?

It's basically just a few things concerning how Lost has impacted your life and what you will do after the show is over, etc.

Feel free to write as much as you'd like and if you want to add anything extra, go for it.

There are quite a few questions, so if you want to skip some I will totally understand.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PM will be fine
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To OP:

You might get more replies if you post the questions and let people answer as they will.

The same question I had for the other researcher:

* Will this remain anonymous? If so, will you use handles or will you refer to 'one poster/another poster' etc.?

* Also, what sort of response(s) are you looking for? Bite-sized, or paragraphs?
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks for the pointer.

I'm doing a feature for my Magazine Writing class and I'm writing about how Lost has effected people in both positive and negative ways.

There's no length requirement for the answers, just whatever it takes to answer the questions. (But just a no or yes won't really do me any good because I'm looking to quote some people).

I would need some basic personal information. Just like your name and just the state that you're from if nothing else. But the more I can accredit to you, the better because that's a big part of my feature. To be able to have reliable sources, with a name and at least a hometown.

But here are the questions, so if anyone wants to answer just one, then that would be awesome.

Thanks!

So first the personal stuff.

(You guys can PM message me this stuff: and to reiterate, all of these questions DO NOT have to be answered, but the more the better)
What's your name?
Where are you from?
How old are you?
Are you in school?
If you're not currently in school, where do you work?

How long have you been watching Lost?
Do most of your friends watch Lost?
Does any of your family watch Lost?

What made you start watching it?
What do you love most about Lost?
What do you love least?

Why do you think the show is so popular?
Are you more interested in the mythology or the character relationships or a mix of both? Why?

Since you began watching Lost, has anything changed in your life?
Do you ever find yourself skipping out on social events with friends to stay home and watch it?
What do you think is so engrossing about this television show that makes people tune in every week?

Do you think Lost has changed the way we view television?

Lost is in its 6th and final season, What will you do when it's all over?
Will you be having a big Lost party for the finale?

Do you think Lost has hindered personal relationships you have, or not even Lost, but television/technology?

Do you visit any Lost forums online?
What will you do when Lost is all over?

How long have you been a part of Lostvideo.net?
What type of videos do you prefer to make?
Do you feel like you've made a whole new set of friends through watching Lost and visiting this site?

Do you feel that Lost could be thought of in terms of a committed relationship?

Why do you think some people bailed out halfway through the show?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: