Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Vids Are We Working On?????
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: What Vids Are We Working On????? Reply with quote

I just thought I would make this thread about what videos everyone is working on... coz now that one of mine have been accepted... i have this burning desire to make more and more and more vids

one of my requests when i first came to LVI was a sawyer/jack vid to the song 'always' by saliva.... ringwench replied and thought it was a good idea... so ringwench i'm sorry if you have attempted this one already but i'm gonna give it a shot either way except instead of jack and sawyer it'll be more a focus of sawyer/kate.

I ask forgiveness to my fellow clan of J/K supporters as I am abandoning my alliance for approximately 4min for this video attempt

So what is everyone else working on
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be working on another humorous vid, as soon as I can get the song... Also working on a new Carnivàle vid.

(Don't feel bad, I'm a S/K shipper anyways)
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What Vids Are We Working On????? Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:

one of my requests when i first came to LVI was a sawyer/jack vid to the song 'always' by saliva.... ringwench replied and thought it was a good idea... so ringwench i'm sorry if you have attempted this one already but i'm gonna give it a shot either way

Hey, don't worry about it, I have so many other vids on my plate right now I hadn't even vaguely gotten started with that one (actually in listening to it I discovered I'd rather do it for a different fandom!) so good luck with it! Can't wait to see it!

As for what I'm working on right now. (This is a great thread BTW, that way we'll know what others are working on and there won't be a lot of duplicate songs.) These are vids I've either already started, or have outlined and definately plan to do:

"Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz, Locke-centric. Basically about how he acts as a guide to everyone on the island.

"Passive" by A Perfect Circle, Jack-centric. About Jack dealing with his father's death and the circumstances surrounding it.

"Weapon" by Matthew Good, likely Charlie-centric but will definately have some others in there as well. About how events on the island effect people and cause them to do things they never thought they would do before they were stranded.

These are one's I'm considering tackling but haven't decided yet:

"Every You and Every Me" by Placebo, Sayid/Sawyer slash. Basically how they have a really fucked up "relationship".

"Free" by The Martinis, Kate-centric. I've been thinking of doing this one but I probably won't get around to it. The lyrics fit *perfectly*, but I'm just not feeling the melody. Just about Kate and her crimes and junk. If anyone else wants to take this idea and do it be my guest.

"Wise Up" by Aimee Mann. Charlie-centric. About how much he's screwed up his life. The only thing holding me back from doing this one is that I've already got a vid on the site about Charlie's drug addiction (and so does everyone else!), though it was made after only 7 eps so there's a lot more Charlie-screwing-up footage now and I'll have a lot more to focus on than JUST the drugs.

"Mad World" by Gary Jules. Walt-centric. Basically life on the island, looking at events and behaviour of all the castaways from Walt's POV. I LOVE this song and really want to make this work but it's going to take a lot of planning to do it right.

I was also kinda half assed planning one to "Man of Action" by Matthew Good, about Jack and his father (and possibly some stuff about Charlie's life as well). But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do "Passive" instead, and forget about MoA.

I'm also DESPERATELY trying to find a humerous song to vid (any suggestions? Please???).

Yeah, so there's my (rather large) list

Last edited by Ringwench on Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread idea! Making it a sticky as we speak
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wise Up" and "Mad World" are great ones. I can't believe they aren't taken already.

I'm actually not doing any right now. I have few on the brain but I haven't started ANY of them. Here they are, and if anyone else feels inspired by them, take them...

"I Could Never Be Your Woman" by White Town for a Boone/Locke shipper.

I heard someone mention "Uptown Girl" by Billie Joel for Shannon. I wasn't going to do it, but I can't get the idea out of my head.

"People are Strange" by the Doors for Walt.

"Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio for Hurley. Started this, got stuck, don't really see myself returning to it.

"Nobody's Fault" by Beck for Kate. I like the chorus for this one, but the lyrics get a little tricky.

Yeah, I guess that's it. If anyone likes them, take them. Just let me know so I can stop thinking about them.

Laura, did you have any plans to do 99 Problems with that remix I worked on? I might give that a shot if you're not going to.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in seeing "Wise Up" and "Mad World" just like Jake. I'm a 'til Tuesday fan and "Mad World" is just nostagic for me.

Currently not working on any Lost vids but have two Battlestar Galactica ones 60% and 30% finished with two Farscape ones about 50% each. I promised to look at "Accidentally in Love" for Merry in the requests area when I finish the BSG vids, but as it will be a shipper vid I fear it will probably only be of interest to him/her.

My lost music vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that! Don't know how I missed all of ringwench's post haha. I thought that was just an "idea that no one had thought of."
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had so many ideas for comedic videos and so I am TRYING to work on one but I don't know how it's gonna do. Blech. I might just give up on being comic gold.

I had about ten ideas on the ride home tonight. I finally listened to the actual radio with like, lyrics and stuff. I have been listening to the classical station for over a month now - don't ask me why! So every song I listened to made me go, "Oh that would be good for this character or that character or blah blah blah." I was like, "Maybe I should stick to the classical?" Haha.

So yeah, translation, I'm sort of kind of working on something "funny," but I am getting really discouraged with it.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake take 99 problems--I have so many songs, too little time. AND they are all secret MUAHAHAHHA

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listened to the various different 99 problems songs and I think they all have one thing in common. 1 - the raps inbetween the catchy line are boring and don't really lead up to the catchy line well.

I think someone should re-write and re-record a new more cohesive (did i just say that?) version of this and THEN someone do a video for it.
Astarte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
"I Could Never Be Your Woman" by White Town for a Boone/Locke shipper.

I'm definitely doing this one... There was just this other vid, I wanted to finish first and my contest entry is also between me and 'Your Woman'!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super KC: That's basically what I did editing the song. It's only a 1:30 now, and is basically the chorus and instrumentals between them. If I can find something cool for it, it's my new video. Already have the titles done, woo-hoo!!

Astarte: I would be honored and I can't wait to see what you do with it. All the videos I've seen from you thus far are pure gold and I idol your work. It is officially yours.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newest vid in the works is a Shannon video. It's to "Cold Hard Bitch" by JET. Fitting, no?
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finished one today that is just a 42 second weird little thing. lol, but the one I've been working on for quite sometime is a Charlie one. The music was 45 by Shinedown, but I realized earlier there is already one set to that song, so I need to find another song. Or I could just start on something new.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel free to use the same song a second time, theres no problem with it here, as long as you either rename it or make it a different character lol, just for ease of remembering which is which >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 1 of 101

Jump to: