Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x08 - Recon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Claire and Sun have always been closer than Claire and Kate, another aspect of the show that's been ignored. Sun was the one caring for Claire with Charlie after Aaron was born, Sun took care of Claire when Aaron was missing, Sun took care of Aaron while Claire was sleeping or off with Charlie, not kate. bar maternity leave and aaron's birth and the white rabbit scenes, kate and claire didn't have a close friendship. I dont see them as any closer friends than claire and jack.

edit - oh and eggtown, which to me is the ep where teh show forced a this strong kate/claire bond that wasn't there :S

I personally never saw Sun and Claire to be that close. I've seen them interact but I have just always seen a stronger bond between Claire/Kate than I have with Claire and Sun.

I don't see Claire/Kate as being forced or out of the blue. But again, just my opinion.

I'd say that they do have a stronger relationship then Jack does with Claire.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, its funny the way people's opinions differ I guess we love who we love and we see their stories in completely different ways

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Lol, its funny the way people's opinions differ I guess we love who we love and we see their stories in completely different ways

But a good funny. LOL. Sorry. I find the debate over this season interesting. I never get to have good conversations about Lost so I find this awesome.

I didn't really know this site well last year, and didn't know there was a lot of talking going on.

I usually talk at a Jate forum and it's usually one sided...hence the title. And not a lot of conversing back and fourth.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know; i find it so interesting too and i find it has to do with the love for the character. I love Claire, you love Kate, and we defend them both til the end lol

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you two are rambling on about. We all know that my interpretation of the show is the only right one, of course.

I kid; I kid! Still, I think it's interesting how much common ground there is between certain people on certain issues (I've agreed with you on a bunch of points, Brooke), and how much diversity exists on other issues (I don't agree with you on a bunch of other points!). The important thing is that we are discussing it. Good television draws out ideas, theories, and differing opinions; otherwise, we'd all be watching soap operas and 'Everybody Loves Raymond.'
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I know; i find it so interesting too and i find it has to do with the love for the character. I love Claire, you love Kate, and we defend them both til the end lol

I like Claire too. And I think this season we're really seeing how fantastic Emilie is. I've known about her since Roswell. And I have to say...she doesn't look that much older than when she was on Roswell.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
I don't know what you two are rambling on about. We all know that my interpretation of the show is the only right one, of course.

I kid; I kid! Still, I think it's interesting how much common ground there is between certain people on certain issues (I've agreed with you on a bunch of points, Brooke), and how much diversity exists on other issues (I don't agree with you on a bunch of other points!). The important thing is that we are discussing it. Good television draws out ideas, theories, and differing opinions; otherwise, we'd all be watching soap operas and 'Everybody Loves Raymond.'

That's what I like. We're discussing it without pulling each other's hair. I don't care what you people say, in the near future there will be a way to put your hand through the machine.

I agree that good television draws out all the above. And bad TV makes your head turn to green jello. I am talking to you Dances With The Stars.

Oh And today I was sitting in my 20th Century Poetry class waiting for my class to start...20 minutes left. And some girl was like "We're going to my house for Taco Tuesday" And I am such a nerd for Lost that I was thinking "Kate doesn't do Taco night". (Cause it was on a Tuesday). AND THEN I heard "With Richard Alpert." I stood up and walked to where they were sitting and was like "I heard Richard, I had to come over." And we talked about Lost, the awesomeness of Ben and our love for Richard.

So yes...her saying Taco Tuesday was in fact because of Lost.

So..."You know your addicted to Lost when someone mentions Taco Tuesday and you immediately think "Kate doesn't do taco night".
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, if we can get along like this, all kum ba ya, why can't Flocke and Jacob just be friends?

Take a hint from this guy already, guys:

You guys and Richard probably knew him way back when.

20th century poetry class: Philip Larkin is my one true 20th century poetic love. Interested to hear what you think of him, if/when you get to him!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
See, if we can get along like this, all kum ba ya, why can't Flocke and Jacob just be friends?

Take a hint from this guy already, guys:

You guys and Richard probably knew him way back when.

20th century poetry class: Philip Larkin is my one true 20th century poetic love. Interested to hear what you think of him, if/when you get to him!

I have a theory on why people don't take advice from Barney and it's probably because some of us find him a little more scary than Flocke himself.

But yes, why can't Flocke and Jacob listen to the words of War and just be friends.'Why Can't We Be Friends'.

I am sorry, don't kill the messanger but Philip Larkin isn't in our book. I just checked. I'll check him out though.

I am doing a paper on Martin Espada. His poem "When the Leather Is A Whip" and "Governor Wilson of California Talks in His Sleep". I am still looking into more of his poems.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with This Be the Verse, for one hell of an introduction, and then move on to Aubade, which is gorgeous. He uses a lot of rhyming and strict meter, but he uses both brilliantly in my book. (He is kind of a love-or-hate thing though, so I won't be offended if you're not as taken by him.)

(Larkin was a misanthrope and an unhappy person, but a brilliant poet. Wilfred Owen, if you haven't touched on him already, also wrote some great stuff, as did Howard Nemerov. I like the formalists.)

Wouldn't 'Lost' just be great if Barney made a guest appearance? Possibly doing a 'friends' dance with the polar bear on Hurley's old golf course!

Please stop throwing things at me.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Start with This Be the Verse, for one hell of an introduction, and then move on to Aubade, which is gorgeous. He uses a lot of rhyming and strict meter, but he uses both brilliantly in my book. (He is kind of a love-or-hate thing though, so I won't be offended if you're not as taken by him.)

(Larkin was a misanthrope and an unhappy person, but a brilliant poet. Wilfred Owen, if you haven't touched on him already, also wrote some great stuff, as did Howard Nemerov. I like the formalists.)

Wouldn't 'Lost' just be great if Barney made a guest appearance? Possibly doing a 'friends' dance with the polar bear on Hurley's old golf course!

Please stop throwing things at me.

Thanks.

If Barney was there, I'd have to assume he's dead and only Hurley can see him.

Owen wrote some great World War I poems. I am also in a World War I class and she had a poet come to our class and he chose to read a lot of Wilfred Owen's poems from the war.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Howard Nemerov's poem 'Because You Asked About the Line Between Prose and Poetry':

Sparrows were feeding in a freezing drizzle
That while you watched turned into pieces of snow
Riding a gradient invisible
From silver aslant to random, white, and slow.

There came a moment that you couldn't tell.
And then they clearly flew instead of fell.

... which I also love. To tie it to Lost: Whatever happened to the Hurley-bird?

Miles could see Barney too, couldn't he? I would love to see Miles vs. Barney. (I need to stop drinking so much caffeine.)
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Also, Howard Nemerov's poem 'Because You Asked About the Line Between Prose and Poetry':

Sparrows were feeding in a freezing drizzle
That while you watched turned into pieces of snow
Riding a gradient invisible
From silver aslant to random, white, and slow.

There came a moment that you couldn't tell.
And then they clearly flew instead of fell.

... which I also love. To tie it to Lost: Whatever happened to the Hurley-bird?

Miles could see Barney too, couldn't he? I would love to see Miles vs. Barney. (I need to stop drinking so much caffeine.)

Wow. I'll have to check him out too. THanks.

No, actually Miles just either sees how they died, or gets told how they died. Stuff like that...I think. Miles' gift still confuses me.
foxy9
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Speculation... No actual spoilers***

Ok, so I HATED the last episode, I thought it was God awful until I watched it again. I'm totally convinced that Aaron is in fact the man in black, and Jacob is Jack and Kate's son thus making the two cousins. I'm not going to go in to Jacob too much, but go back and watch all of Flocke and Kate's scenes from Recon and it will make sense, I promise.

In season one, the physic told Claire that no one but her was to raise her child. That didn't happen, Kate raised him and now granny Littleton. Is the reason for this because there was never suppose to be a Flocke??? OR evil on the island ? If you watch the way Flocke treats Kate and Claire, it is almost like he was treating them as if they were his children i.e when he pulls Claire off of Kate, or was he treating them like his two mothers???

Then he brings Kate to the beach and tells her that he is STILL working through his crazy mother drama. Of course he is he just pulled his mother off of the woman that raised him for three years of his life. If you think about it why would he tell Kate anything? Because he feels he owes her because in his words she did what she had to do for Aaron or himself. Then he goes onto to talk about Aaron also having a crazy mother. Why would he say this? There was no point to this line unless he was trying to show the audience something. I think he was putting it together for us right there, he's Aaron, he's still the one with the crazy mother. Oh, and the way he tilted his head when he saw Kate for the first time in Sundown also caught my attention... Go back ad watch these scenes but imagine them as if Aaron were Locke and it will add up.

Now, I have no idea when Aaron came back to the island, perhaps he is in the locked room on the sub, who knows, but I am absolutely convinced he is Aaron. Perhaps Jacob and cousin Aaron flash back to the beginning of time, but no one else does leaving them the islands leaders.

Now, with Jacob. I don't have a lot to back this one up, but it is a hunch. I think Kate is preggers right now with Jacob. Her and Jack had sex right before they left and it has really only been a few days or weeks. We already know Kate most likely is not a candidate, but she is protected. Her number is 51 and she was not scratched out. Maybe she is not a candidate, but her son, Jacob wanted her protected for obvious reasons. This would also be why he is so happy and Aaron is so unhappy. Jacob would have been raised, at least for a time by his two loving parents while Aaron was stuck with crazy Claire mom thus making him the bitter man he seems to be today.

I know there are some holes and I am more convinced of my first theory than my second, but I am almost certain I am right about MIB being Aaron...Anyhoo, have a pleasant Thursday.

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MysticWondering wrote:
That's what I like. We're discussing it without pulling each other's hair. I don't care what you people say, in the near future there will be a way to put your hand through the machine.

Everybody join hands! *sings* that's when Losties become good friends... ♫

MysticWondering wrote:
Oh And today I was sitting in my 20th Century Poetry class waiting for my class to start...20 minutes left. And some girl was like "We're going to my house for Taco Tuesday" And I am such a nerd for Lost that I was thinking "Kate doesn't do Taco night". (Cause it was on a Tuesday). AND THEN I heard "With Richard Alpert." I stood up and walked to where they were sitting and was like "I heard Richard, I had to come over." And we talked about Lost, the awesomeness of Ben and our love for Richard.

and WHY didn't you say "wait a minute, let me just call my friend Millie and tell her to get in the TARDIS and travel to wherever the hell I live so she can join in the conversation"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: