Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"United State of Pop" by Jen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: "United State of Pop" by Jen Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"United State of Pop" 03-05-2010
February 2010 Contest Submission. Lost *can* be a happy show, too!
Song: United State of Pop (Blame it on the Pop) by DJ Earworm
Vidder: Jen
Length: 4:43 (205MB MOV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNbJKs445w

DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

That was great. Prefect clip choices, nice beat use, great audio, and a cool song choice.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

YAY! A new Jen vid, I've missed you! Wow, this was one fun filled ensemble video! The song was so awesome, I've never heard it before, but it was so cool to have all of those pop songs mixed in there, with just the right lyrics to convey for this ensemble video! The clip choices were all sooooo perfect to the lyrics, and it all just flowed together in the best way. I loved "The risks that I'm takin'" awwwww Jun! <3 Ooo I loved "put your hands in the air" too! Your audio choices were fabulous, hehe I just smiled the whole through! Your beat use and transitions were super cool too! The ending rocked, lovedthat! Good luck in the contest!
alyssap22
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

This made me smile so much! It is amazing!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

Damn. I'd just got this mashup out of my head, like yesterday. *Sigh* Great vid though. "You didn't hear about the polar bear?" = me dead. You chose so many awesome scenes, and I really like that you added all that audio - I was alughing the whole way though (I'd forgotten about the whole Ben/Locke hamster exchange). I love it! Good luck in the contest!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

Oh my God! How fantastic was that?! That just put a huge smile on my face. ^^ I really liked at the end with the black and white shots of everyone smiling. All the scenes you chose were perfect - this is a really good vid to show all the lighthearted moments....sometimes I think we forget Lost even has any. Great vid!!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

This was SO incredible. The audio used first of all was perfect! And then to take a song with so many different parts to play with, and make it work so so perfectly, was just a joy to watch
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

This is soooo much fun. I loved it. And I can't get the mix out of my head now. You reminded me, why I loved lost in the first place. I really think you should win. Gold.
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

DJC Productions: Thanks Dennis!

Jinlovesunxx: Aw, missed you too Kate! *hugs* It really is a wonderful song -- so perfect for ensembles and even multi-fandom vids which I'd originally planned to use it for, haha. Thank you so much for the comment! ♥

alyssap22: Yay! Mission accomplished Thank you!

Jo: HAHAHAHA really?! Every time I hear it I fall in love with it all over again! Thank you so much for your comment and good luck to you too!

HobbitRockGod: Aw, thank you! I think it's so important to remember all the happy moments Lost has had, especially with how dark this season has been so far! Thanks again!

ciaimpala: Thank you so much! It was definitely a joy to edit

aradnea: Aw, you're too kind! Thank you so much for your comment!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

Wow, that song for a start!! It's amazing you kept up with it, it was crazy! This was incredible!! Fantastic beat use there, and I adored all the hugs and smiles in that. Definitely perfect for the contest! I love what you did with the still frames at the end and the two pictures of the cast and the cake - fantastic!! Love it, well done!
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

My Jacob, that was the best party ensemble vid i've ever had the pleasure to see! It made me smile, laugh, and tear up. You used the best scenes from the show and the funniest quotes. I'm deffinitly going to watch this a bunch more times and show my Lostie friends and family
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was fantabulous! A great, unique song that was handled perfectly, just like it was practically made for this vid! \o/ It had so many of my most favorite moments in there (the "hamsters on a wheel" theory being something that still, to this day, makes me laugh like I just heard it for the first time, lol! ).

I love the way you did the black and white stills with the whole section from 4:08 - 4:24, like we got this one last happy moment with so many of the characters! Just a really fantastic job all the way through and I loved it so much!
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz: Thank you so much!! I'm very well aware that it's an absolutely insaaaane song but I think that's why I love it, heh.

blackwolf1480: HAHAHAH "my Jacob", that's awesome! And I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it!

Aislynn: I looooove the hamsters line. Love it! Thanks for the comment Ais, I really appreciate it! Very glad you liked the ending
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooo!!! that was sooooo EPIC!!! and props for using this song i did a tiny bit of it for a collab and found it so crazy with the off beats; and you did it so well!! and you picked such original happy moments, the real smile worthy ones in the show instead of the generic ones Charlie spearing that fish is one of my FAVE moments I laugh every time i see it; Dom just dives right in Excellent work Jen!!! Good luck in the comp!

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: United State of Pop by Jen Reply with quote

Oh! I have to say, that was just incredible!! *applauds* I was literally beaming and intermittently chuckling the whole way through, just perfect clip choices. And I'd never heard this song before but it was soooo perfect and the whole atmosphere and vibe this vid gave out was PERFECT! Fantabulous editing and I completely adored all of those audio choices you made, particularly Kate's "shall I get a ruler", I'd completely forgotten about that and it just tickled me so much! The colouring was gorgeous and so subtle, it just worked brilliantly! I seriously ADORED how you ended this, it kinda made me get all emotional and realize how sad it will be when it finally ends. This is in my favourites for sure and definitely one of those videos I'll keep coming back to to just reminisce and remember how incredible this show is. A-MA-ZING!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: