Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOST's cast strikes towards "Housewives" and ABC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: LOST's cast strikes towards "Housewives" and ABC Reply with quote

When the Swedish magazine Aftonbladet visited Oahu for some behind-the-scenes of LOST, many of the castmembers were home, and not at work as they should. Why? The LOST-cast are furious with how ABC have mistreated them, in comparacy to the Desperate Housewives-cast.
This time it is how ABC has payed about 300 000 dollars in bonus for the Housewives-cast, because they couldn't get along. Teri, Marcia and the others have made headlines about their feeling for each other on set, and ABC has payed them money - just so they would get along. ABC also made them deals with car companys such as Toyota - who gave them luxury cars.
This makes the Losties go angry.
- The difference between how ABC have treated us and "Housewives" are like day and night, says Matthew Fox. Matt also says he has tried to talk to the other castmembers and that they should just go on.
- I have told them to lay low and do good shows. Eventually it will turn out to our advantage.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pissing... me... off... I hated ABC for how they handled lost BEFORE this happened, but now I'm just pissed

Thankfully Matt is laying low with the other actors... if they start a real ruckus, that could definitely lead to cast-cutting and/or cancelling of the show.
It's up to the fans now.... but how? ePetitions Suck Ass btw.

In ABC's defense though, a friend of mine whose uncle is the executive producer of Desperate Housewives has been on set a number of times, and she can state first-hand that Teri Hatcher is a B.I.T.C.H. (which, to anyone under 14 reading this, stands for Beautiful Irreplaceable Terrific uhh... C H) so they probably really did need to pay that money to get the others to stay around her
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperate Housewives can suck my ass!
Get em off the air already.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing Teri Hatcher ever did was that episode of Seinfeld.

yeah, you've seen it.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
In ABC's defense though, a friend of mine whose uncle is the executive producer of Desperate Housewives has been on set a number of times, and she can state first-hand that Teri Hatcher is a B.I.T.C.H. (which, to anyone under 14 reading this, stands for Beautiful Irreplaceable Terrific uhh... C H) so they probably really did need to pay that money to get the others to stay around her

Yeah, I know what you mean.... I've read that too.

But in my oppinion, the cast of LOST are doing the right thing (Ok, maybe putting the show in grave danger may not be sooo good, but anyway) 'cause if anyone deserve a raise or a 300 000 bonus, it's the losties! I mean, the don't get to change clothes so often, almost no makeup, they can't cut their hair or anything, they all "smell awful and no one want's to be anywhere near them" (stated by Dominic, by the way).
So THEY should get a raise, for staying friends on the set!!!!!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm prolly because Lost costs that much?

They said that it was the most expensive show ever. Prolly hey have one big moneypot for every show that s like 2 million, and from this money, everything has to be payed, also the actors. So the set was so expensive, that the actors don't get the money they deserve
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that does indeed make sense, but it's still a shame... You'd think that with the success of the show, they could raise the budget a bit though, right? After all, the advertising money comes in by # of viewers, doesn't it?

Well, Fox and all the Losties know we love them. At least those DH gals aren't gonna get that kind of appreciation.

Bah... so unfair...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutly think, that they should get their raise

they moved or? I mean the set

because if not, they could really get a raise, because the set can't be so expensive if they stayed.
they only need one thing. one crashed plane, one hatch, one black rock etc.
so first time they bought the stuff and it was really expensive
but now they have the stuff, so they could give them more money.

isn't lost famous enough by now so that they can say 'Money, or we're leaving' ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... it's only on season 1 That's probably too soon to threaten to walk. Also, cameras, advertising, visual effects, etc could add in on the payroll, along with the many actors and extras...
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
well... it's only on season 1 That's probably too soon to threaten to walk. Also, cameras, advertising, visual effects, etc could add in on the payroll, along with the many actors and extras...

yeah, but it shouldn't cost thatmuch. they said that theplane was expensive
and they only need one of them

Sure they still need a lot of money, but not so much like they did for season one or?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, new areas come up, new sets they need to build. But you're right, a lot of costs are one-time, like the plane. they did have the most expensive pilot episode ever though, so maybe this is ABC's way of making them pay through the teeth grrr...
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
well, new areas come up, new sets they need to build. But you're right, a lot of costs are one-time, like the plane. they did have the most expensive pilot episode ever though, so maybe this is ABC's way of making them pay through the teeth grrr...

yes, and that would suck!
I don't think there will be so much expensive new locations.
but I think the hatch will be though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: