Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Couple of Videos I Never Got to Make

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: A Couple of Videos I Never Got to Make Reply with quote

I don't have the time to make videos at the moment (although watch me go back on that claim), but if these ideas haven't already been made, I would love to see them:

Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen, of course), Sawyer/Kate. The only way that ship can make a logical sort of sense is through desperation, I think. This song is blue-collar enough to make it work, although it could very easily turn corny. (Note: About two years ago, I started to make this but then had to move somewhere with dialup and get a new laptop, so it wasn't worth the effort of completing.)

Ignore; currently working on this one myself: Everything Decays (XTC, the back half of 'The Wheel and the Maypole' off of Wasp Star. Ensemble, with a creepy Dharma/Others/eternal life bent, this song would work really well for one of those global view videos, especially with a lot of the information in LA X. "Maypole, you spun me round and knocked me off my axis mundi / Maypole, the ties that bind me will unwind to free me one day..."

Turbulence (Warren Zevon). Mikhail. Yes, Mikhail. You remember him, don't you? I'm not sure if the show does, but he's dead anyway (perhaps). The song is about a Russian soldier in the Afghani wars and has a lot of good references. It's got a good rocking beat, too. "Comrade Gorbachev, can I go back to Vladivostok, man?"

(Nothing But) Flowers (Talking Heads). It's like 'Big Yellow Taxi' in reverse, all about longing for civilization in the midst of a native paradise. Draw your own comparisons there. Should be done by someone with a good sense of irony and clipping skills (it's a long song).

13 Steps Lead Down (Elvis Costello). The triangle of doom should have this song. "One of them is poisonous; the other is a thief, they say. So what one could give to her, the other cannot take away."

Rambunctious Boy (Creedence Clearwater Revival). Sawyer in a nutshell. "I ain't got time for a Caribbean cruise, just give me a song and a beer." Plenty of beer, presumably.

The Ghosts that Haunt Me (Crash Test Dummies). Miles or Hurley or both, et al. It's got a mild sound but a darkly comic sense about it; it shouldn't feel leaden or serious. "You're so kind, I know you would not mind to send away the ghosts that haunt me now."

'Thunder Road' might have been used, but dollars to doughnuts the other songs haven't been. Maybe they'll inspire someone! Let me know if they do.[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: