Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing House (a fanfiction for Kat)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Playing House (a fanfiction for Kat) Reply with quote

One of Kat's wishes on her wishlist was to have someone write a story from one of her videos-I chose Don't Worry, and here's what I came up with

Playing House
Every night after Kate left, Juliet would sit in their bedroom, creasing the quilt they had bought together between her fingers, and listen for the relaxation in Aaron’s breath that would mean he had finally fallen asleep. Then she would drop the quilt and slip through the crack of his bedroom door, lower herself onto his blue carpet, cross her legs, and watch him breathe. For each rise and fall of his small chest, Juliet would try to think of how to explain Kate’s departure to their…no, to her, Juliet’s son. When Kate had left, panicking Aaron with her sobs, she had lost the right to be his mother. Mothers didn’t leave. Lovers didn’t leave.

Gay was a concept still too confusing for three year old Aaron. He hadn’t yet reached that age when his classmates would stare at him as they realized his family was different, would taunt him when their parents taught them having two mothers wasn’t normal in their eyes, pass him notes about his mother burning in hell. Juliet had quickly realized telling Aaron Momma Kate had ran onto her motorcycle and never come back because she had sex with lots of men to try to persuade herself she didn’t want sex with Momma Juliet was not an option.

Besides, as much as Kate hadn’t wanted to admit it, sex with Juliet was always an option. Kate’s deep-felt doubt, confusion, the fear she felt wrapping tighter around her heart every day, would disappear when Juliet trailed her lips down Kate’s stomach, when Kate’s body buckled into Juliet’s safe embrace. For those moments, Juliet knew she was wanted, loved, until the second after Kate’s release, when Kate would immediately twist to her side of the bed and wrap the covers around her shivering skin, the tight binding a barrier to Juliet’s open arms.

The first time they made love, Kate had wrapped Juliet around her, entwining the two of them under their quilt. When Juliet had proposed, Kate hadn’t hesitated, yes slipping easily from her lips before she buried herself in Juliet’s arms.

What Juliet would never find a way to tell Aaron was that sometimes she thought he was the reason Kate had finally left. When Kate and Juliet had excitedly told Kate’s mother she would be a grandmother, that Juliet’s sister had eagerly agreed to be a surrogate, Kate’s mother had only turned and walked away. And in that second Juliet had seen all Kate’s confusion flood her eyes, seen fear constrict her lover’s heart, and knew they were over. Knew she was betrayed.

Juliet sometimes wondered if Kate had lost Aaron in that store on purpose, not knowingly of course, but subconsciously, maybe hoping he would just disappear and so would all their problems, all Kate’s twisted issues and doubts. Or maybe so Kate could clearly demonstrate her inabilities as a mother, to prove to herself and Juliet that she was right in not wanting this life for herself.

And now, every night since Kate had pulled the trigger, Juliet willed herself to burn the quilt while she listened to her son cry himself to sleep.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww becca thank you so much for writing this for me hun! *hugs* that's so sweet of you And i was so happy when I saw it was for this vid, its one of my fave storyvids that I've made Beautifully written hun, Juliet watching Aaron sleep and missing Kate, gah so sad. loved it to pieces hun!! will comment on LJ too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: