Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We May Not Love that Video But We WILL Marry That Song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: We May Not Love that Video But We WILL Marry That Song Reply with quote

Okay so I dunno about you guys, but I have fallen in love with some of the songs used in these music videos. (The one's I hadn't heard before of course.) Is there anything that you guys have "discovered" through watching these videos that you now can't get enough of?

Songs that come to mind for me are:

Beautiful Goodbye by Amanda Marshall
Essence by Lucinda Williams
Rain by Breaking Benjamin

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more!

FYI: I actually love all of these videos, I just thought the (thread) title was catchy! Deal with it!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's good and bad about me is I am the most ignorant to music person you will ever find. I either like or hate all music at any given time, and that will switch back and forth. I don't have hardly any genre preferences or anything, well, except maybe a prejudice to rap... and some country... but that's it!
The good side is I'm not really that prejudiced while judging, the bad side is I have to live with songs stuck in my head from EVERY genre.
Anyway, most of the time when I'm watching these videos, I sy to myself "I never heard that song before... that was actually really good!!!"
I don't end up keeping them or something for my music collection. But it's surprising how often I'll hear a song now and go: "THAT was one of the videos!!!!! I liked that video!!!! Cooooooolll!!!"
About half the songs on here I haven't heard before... sad...

Anyway, great songs that I can REMEMBER that I had NEVER heard before this, but very glad I have are:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Let Go

It's funny how now I can hear some song on the radio or something, even if I've never heard it before, and go "Ohhhhh, that would make a great video.", "The beat is perfect...", or something.... lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
But it's surprising how often I'll hear a song now and go: "THAT was one of the videos!!!!! I liked that video!!!! Cooooooolll!!!"

It's funny you say that, we were just at the mall and I heard some Avril Whatever song which would normally put my listening attention on an automatic IGNORE, but I found myself thinking "Laura or someone made a really cool video to this song... despite the fact that I hate her." LOL. Yeah, this is a great method of opening up to different types of songs that you would not normally listen to.

I can't think of one at the moment. I was never too familiar with Audioslave, so Charmax's latest was a cool bit of freshness. I thought (and maybe it is) the guy from that "Black Hole Sun" band. LOL. I'm terrible with names. If it isn't on a compilation CD, or on a soundtrack I might be in trouble.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Rage Against the Machine - Zach de la Rocha) + Chris Cornell = Audioslave.

It is rather complicated I guess.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of Laura's vid (and not to mention the uber cool Sin City trailer that features the song too), I am now maniacally obsessed with "Cells" by Servant.

Cannot get enough of it. I'm listening to it now, I have been for the past 1/2 hour! I'm driving my boyfriend insane

There are a few others that I keep meaning to download as well, like Karma Slave which I had never heard before, but really really liked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: great post yo! Reply with quote

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--You KC are the best Offtopic poster ever!@LOL. With that said Ironically I am listening to your times like this video in the background. I knew of the EELs before viewing Jake's awesome videos to them, but now have them ripped from napster and playing over and over again.
Not a huge fan of rap, but Big E's (lol couldn't resist) No Tears has made me switch my radio to jamin' 94.5 in hopes of hearing this diddy-I need to grab it off napster before I forget.
I'll say I'm not a huge Avril fan myself (ironic ain't it), but Hobbes's outstanding video to Skaterboy peaked my interest in her again--actually helped me decide to use it to Lyricgirl's request when my friends here wanted to slap me for it LOL. There are so many more--LVI vidders have great taste in music-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: