Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Its all over but the crying" by Jinlovessunxx
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul- Thank you, I'm glad you liked the song, I really thought the song suited Juliet well

Becca-
Your comment made me smile, you're so sweet, thank you! *hugs* I'm sooo happy you enjoyed it so much!!

xXAngelicEvilXx- Thank you so much, glad you liked the still frames!

Nikki- Yay!! I am really pleased that you liked it, it's great that you were able to get emotion from the video, thank you so much, *hugs*

Kaory- Aw, thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed every second, that makes me happy!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay; so glad you finished this Kate! I really loved the hard contrasts on the black and white clips; I think it made such an effect and I loved the fluttery way you did the beat/overlays I also loved the zooms and how you focused on a certain point of the clip; very creative! as were the reversal clips and i adored the scene you ended on awesome work hun! good to have you lost-vidding again

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Gah, Kate, this was gorgeous! I adore your beat use. Stunning! And Juliet walking backwards was awesome. The music is also very fitting - I love this song! Garbage rock, lol. I have to admit it's been a while since I saw this ep and I'm used to seeing the actor who plays Juliet's ex-husband as Danko on Heroes Makes me want to make a Danko/Juliet vid! xD But beautiful work, Kate! Loved this! You got the episode plot/story told superbly in this. Lovely work! Good luck in the contest!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goooosh Kate!! How can you be so talented!!!!! I still have no idea, how you manage to capture such great emotions in your vids! I've never seen anything like it before. I know I've said this before, but the effects you use, just captivates me! You've got your totally own kind of vidding-style. It's fantastic and unique and I love it!
The whole storyline about Juliet missing her sister is so heartbreaking! What a great songchoice to show, how sad everything is for Juliet The changes from black/white to color worked brilliantly, and so did all the "zoom in and out"-effects
... I don't even think, I have to tell you, how much your use of still pictures rocked, do I?
My favorite part of the whole video was at 2:25 to 2:30! The reverse clip of Juliet, giving her sister the medication, was sooo cool! And the slowed down/up clip, of Ethan, walking by, was awesome too! You are just generally awesome! Good luck in the contest!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Kat-Aw, you're so nice, thanks so much for your comments. I am beyond happy you liked the hard contrast of black and white, I always like using black and white in my videos and I do believe it makes an effect. Yay!!! I'm happy you liked the fluttery way I did my beat and overlays! You captured everything that I wanted people to capture so thank you so much *hugs*
Jemma- Yay!! Thank you Jemma <3 I am very pleased you liked the backwards walking. Yeah!!! Garbage is the best!! hehe yeah!! I remember him on Heroes a few times, I'm glad to hear that you want to vid them now Thanks again *hugs*
Maja- Thanks so much dear!! You're way too sweet, aww! I am really happy, like sooo happy that you feel that way. You make me smile so much with your kind words. Yes, that's definitely what I was trying to show was that Juliet's life was not going well for her, everything in her life was sad, and using the black and white clips helped show that Ooo I am very happy you liked the still clips, I used a different technique this time, instead I let the clip freeze on it's own and then did another clip of it frozen but zoomed in closer Thank you soo much Maja *hugs*
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

WOW! Awesome work Kate!! I loved the whole atmosphere of this vid! The switching between b&w and colour clips worked so well and looked really cool! I really loved all the freeze frames too and the parts where you reversed the clips. Also, those crops you had in there, where you've zoomed on the beats looked so gorgeous, where you'd focus on like the eyes, or mouth or hands. Brilliant!!! Thoroughly enjoyable to watch! Oh and I also forgot to mention, I loved that effect you did on the text at the beginning with the 'crying' dropping like a tear, genius!
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beautiful Kate...i love the b/w to color - back and forth...I really love your stop/still effects too...I actually was inspired by one of your video's (Skeleton key) because of that certain effect and i see you do it a lot (which i love)...I hardly ever do it...(so don't worry - lol) but I did do it for a personal home video one time of a Disney trip!! and I used it a little in a twilight vid one time...lmao!! beautiful!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loooooove your use of black and white as well as the stops and zoom movements (if that makes sense ). It was very dynamic and always so interesting just to watch on a purely visual level.

However, this also had a fantastic emotional core to it! It was a beautiful character study of Juliet on top of being a great recap of the episode itself! The song was a great choice and the lyric interpretations/clip selections were fabulous! Very nicely done, I enjoyed it so much! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Excellent Juliet vid, Kate!!! I like the freeze-frames, it made the vid unique.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Sweet! I love how you used the music! Great video!!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

This editing is unmistakably you kate! It's absolutely beautiful. I loved your use of the song. Very tricky to do when just using one episode. Well done. Congrats on placing in the contest!
lostaddict3333
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

wow!!that was stunning!!u more than anyone deserved the 1st place!!!congrats
lostaddict3333
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Its all over but the crying by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

wow!!that was stunning!!u more than anyone deserved the 1st place!!!congrats
Kamara
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous vid!!! I loved the effects and the song was perfect. You did a wonderful job with this.

I was trying to comment and favorite on YT and the stupid thing tells me I'm not signed in when I did sign in and I can clearly see that I'am LOL
I will try later.

Took me a long time to really like Juliet but I really have come to love her character.

Kamara

Avi/Banner by Me

New Jawyer Vid
A Lost Cause Inc. Fanvid
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all are so sweet, thank you so much *big hugs to all*

Emma- Aww, thanks!!!!!!! I am so happy you loved the atmosphere, that's probably one of my signatures now, the back and forth of black and white. OMG I am beyond happy you liked the tear drop of the text in the beginning yayyy!! Your comment was probably one of the sweetest ever, thank you soo soo much! <3

Kimmy-
Thank you sooo sooo much! I am really happy you like the still frames and you were inspired by Skeleton Key! Awesome! Aw that's great that you do it! I hope a lot of people start doing it, it's a really cool effect Thanks again hun!

Aislynn- Yay!!! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked the use of black and white and you thought this was a beautiful character study! That made me smile, thank you so much again <3

Heather-Thank you so much Heather, really happy you liked the freeze frames!

Sara-Aw thanks very much!!!

Yael- Thank you very much!! Your comment definitely made me happy when I read it hehe and Thanks!!!

lostaddict3333-Awwww, thank youu!!!! hehe, you're so sweet. Glad you liked it!

Kamara- Thank you very much!!!!!!! I'm so happy you liked it. Aw, YouTube can be soo annoying sometimes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: