Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking saw but im not sure yet.
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys just wanna check something, im now working on my vid, mine is gonna be a mini movie, so im not really using a song, more just bits and pieces off the movie soundtrack. I only begun the intro off my vid and just got to the credit roll bit with the title name and already its about 2 mins in i will prob be cutting it down but my question is. I know in contest you prefer a vid to be around 5 mins max. thing is i really don't think its gonna happen with this vid. But i dunno coz i only just started playing around. i just wanna check if its ok for it to be long or not? if not i'll continue but won't enter it as a contest vid.

like my halloween vid last year was around 7 mins.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Sophie! Sorry but we would prefer that the entry be under 5 minutes so it's fair for everyone else who may be trying to keep their vid within the time range. You can try and cut it down if you like, or like you said, submit it to the site as a regular vid
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone needs to do the shining with jack, Kate, and Aaron!
Alien would be cool as well.

here is VH1's top 50 horror movie list for anyone who needs help.

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1527476/20060330/feature.jhtml
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Many. Questions! I have never seen six pages of words with so many question marks on them!
You'll be glad to see that I'm not asking a question - Just randomly posting. I love this idea! It must be sooo hard to think of new Halloween themed contests every year.. so I gotta give mad props (Embarrassing Gansta-Speak Moment of the Day) for this concept.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to enter (Horror vids aren't really my style - More just dark AUs) but I was purusing the list, and was hit by a sudden rush of inspiration. I think I might have found a way to combine my usual dark, stalker-psycho-type vids with a horror movie. Yay! I really hope I get time and inspiration to enter - If not, I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link, Trey! Hey, maybe you'll get some time to be able to enter this yourself? That would be awesome!

Aw, Freya, you're a sweetheart! *hugs* Thank you so much for saying that, we really appreciate that! I'm definitely hoping you have the time and inspiration to do this one as well! I'd love to see what you come up with! ♥!
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wolffootball37 Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone needs to do the shining with jack, Kate, and Aaron!

That's what i'm hoping to do I've got a good idea of the sort of look i want but i'm so bogged down in schoolwork that i have no idea if i'll be able to get it done
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i may tackle this...

is it allowed to be footage from a bunch of different horror movies? or just 1 to focus on? while using Lost ofcourse...
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsoooo say we are using a film...and Lost...(duh -lol)

and we want to use the audio overlay...should the audio in the horror movie be for the characters in That movie and the audio in lost be for the characters in lost? or can you switch it and allow the audio in the movie be for one of the characters in Lost? I think i know the answer but i want to make sure! hahaha
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais already answered your first question a few pages back Kimmy

Aislynn wrote:
Yes, you may use more than one film.

And you can use both audio from Lost and the movie/s you choose

klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okies...thank you!!

i'm just gonna go with my idea...if it works...it does and if it doesn't it doesn't...just wanna have fun with it
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After eading some more of the earlier posts, does The Shining count as a horror? There's a killer on the loose (JN) and there's ghosts thrown in there and a tidal wave of blood lol
But i would count it as both a thriller and a horror. So i leave it in your good hands CM's
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i was also wondering...can the Losties be their own LOST character in the movie? (like Kate is Kate or jack is jack) or do the have to be a character IN the movie (like if the character is named Kate in the movie) - but if "kate" is not in the movie CAN she be?...or can it be both...i know that made no sense... =/ lol i just don't wanna do the wrong thing

sorry if this as asked already...i skimmed through, but i didn't see it
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karowyn wrote:
After eading some more of the earlier posts, does The Shining count as a horror? There's a killer on the loose (JN) and there's ghosts thrown in there and a tidal wave of blood lol
But i would count it as both a thriller and a horror. So i leave it in your good hands CM's

Hehe I've only ever seen the very beginning of The Shining We'll discuss it and get back to you

And I think I understand your question Kimmy Yes, the Losties as we know and love them can be their same character in the video. So say for example, if ...I don't know...a zombie was chasing a character in the movie you could have the zombie chasing 'our' Kate. Does that answer your question LOL, lemmie know if it doesn't and I misunderstood

klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmasholi wrote:
Karowyn wrote:

Hehe I've only ever seen the very beginning of The Shining We'll discuss it and get back to you

And I think I understand your question Kimmy Yes, the Losties as we know and love them can be their same character in the video. So say for example, if ...I don't know...a zombie was chasing a character in the movie you could have the zombie chasing 'our' Kate. Does that answer your question LOL, lemmie know if it doesn't and I misunderstood

yes! but lets also say the character the zombie was chasing in the movie has the same name "Kate" we can use our Kate in place of that Kate...

oh an lets say... can our "kate" be a different character lets call her jill...or should she be our Kate....lol...

sorry for all the silly questions...just wanna make sure i do it right hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: