Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean" by hell
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellybongo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: "She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean" by hell Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean" 09-28-2009
My first attempt at a real crossover. My clips and editing are basic so bare with me....Be kind!!! Jack and Kates relationship is falling apart. Kate finds comfort in the arms of Dean. Is she running from her problems or simply taking her troubles with h
Song: She Dont Want The World by 3 Doors Down
Vidder: hellybongo
Length: 3:56 (84.65MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDXgtqZUN6M
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5ddy2mivym

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh I really liked this! And don't worry about anything being basic, to be honest, in crossovers especially, basic is probably best, you didn't overcrowd the vid with effects and colours and whatnot

I loved the flashbacks you used to show j&k's relationship broke down and I really liked the car scene with k&d I think you could have tried to match up the colours/lighting/pan crop a teeny bit more to make it more realistic, but it didn't take away from the awesome story that you created, so great job!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Ooo Kate/Dean-I flove this pairing!!!

I agree with sweetevangeline that you could use more colorings/lighting/pan cropping to make things match up more, but you still told a really fantastic story really well-and I LOVED the ending.
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Oooh.. I really liked this! I loved the bit where Jack attacked him in the hotel room. And, tbh, I didn't think the colouring matching up was that much of an issue. When I read the comments, I prepared myself for like, one bright blue scene, mixed with a yellowey dark scene, but I actually thought alot of the scenes matched up really well. I really liked the story. It was so simple, and I think that's what made it so believeable. I LOVE really complicated, dark, twisted AUs, but I also love AUs that could actually happen, where no-one gets murdered, or abused, or commits suicide - And that's what made me love this vid. The ending was so believeable.. and kinda sweet.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was great! The scenes you choose to go with the lyrics was superb and really evoked emotion in me! I loved every min of it. I thought the coloring was just fine and you had some great AU scenes in there like that hot car sex. Loved the hotel scene too! Can't wait for part 2!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hellybongo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all so so much for your comments. Means alot.

I'm really new to this whole crossover vidding thing and I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment so thanks. I felt like a challenge and boy, wasn't it onw. How do you guys do it? Thanks for the advice too. I will probably be bugging you all again with questions now you realise

I'm a 35 yr old mother of two with not a lot of time but I love doing this....its a great way to relax even if they're not top notch!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a mom of 2 also soon to be 3 ...and I agree its a great sanity saver...haha...how old are your kids?
Keep vidding! I think you're doing great! Make more AUs for sure!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Beautiful vid the song is fantastic i love this pairing your manips were very good loved the scene where jack pushes dean im looking forward to the second part
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Ooh I really liked this! Thought you told the story so well and the basic editing you used really helped and worked great! I loved how you could feel the emotion in this vid! I also thought that your colouring match-ups were fab for the most part, particularly the parts in the car Fab work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Oh, this was great! Yay for another SPN/Lost crossover! I loved your story. The song was cool too. The Kate/Dean sex scene was edited well! I really like towards the end when Dean is at Kate's hotel room and then Jack storms in and fights him! That was awesome! But the end is really great with Kate coming out and riding off with Dean in the impala. Great work!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this The slow motion of the clips worked so well with this song. I agree with the colouring/cropping comments that have been made. I find that SPN is a tough one to crossover with because it's shot in such a dark/gray colour where as Lost as more colours. I thought it did drag on in places like in the middle with the reaction shots of jack to kate and vice versa; but I thought the dreams were very well done, loved the hotel scene and the ending was really believable so downloading this song now too btw

hellybongo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all your comments. You really are very kind.

I know its not brilliant....I don't know how you guys do it. But it makes me smile so thanks for taking the time to watch. I'll take all your great advice and try it on my next one (whenever that might be )

nikkimonique wrote:
I'm a mom of 2 also soon to be 3 ...and I agree its a great sanity saver...haha...how old are your kids?
Keep vidding! I think you're doing great! Make more AUs for sure!!

I have a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. They run me around all day but I love them. Good luck with your impending birth. Hope it all goes well!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our kids are really close in age. I have a 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy.

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this! The idea was pretty neat and I really like how you used a song that voiced a story. Your editing was pretty good, I think, (I especially liked Kate/Dean at the bar, Kate kissing Tom/Dean in the car, and then Kate meeting up with Dean at the end.) I would suggest using pan/cropping a tad more to really hide all miscellaneous characters (I could see Anna's face for one part of the sex scene). And be sure to make the clips consistent in size - I saw a few that were widescreen and some that were fullscreen - it normally doesn't bother me except that the coloring borders show and it distracts from the vid itself.

Otherwise, I really like this vid! I can't wait to see the sequels!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: She Dont Want The World - Jack/Kate/Dean by hellybongo Reply with quote

Nice crossover! Cool AU stuff and I like the song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: