Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video Frame Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Video Frame Size Reply with quote

This is a general guidline I'm posting up on behalf of the LVI council about the frame size of your videos.

It would be highly recommended that the frame size be no larger than... say... 480x360. I personally do my videos at 320x240 (these are assuming 4:3 aspect ration, which I actually no longer use, but that's neither here nor there). And this is for a couple of reasons...

1. This will help keep the file size down. This will help us in many ways. If we're iffy about a video and it's too big, we might reject based simply on file size. It costs money to run this site and we are running out of it QUICKLY. The smaller the size of the video, the more videos we can host, and the better chances everyone has of getting their videos seen.

2. This will make your videos look better. Many videos that we get in that are larger than this look extremely pixelated and it's very distracting and lowers your chances of the video getting through the council.

3. ... I don't know if there was a three or not, but the first two reasons are important enough.

So please, keep the frame sizes below at or below 480x360. We know, you want everyone to experience the glory of your art at it's maximum size, but it just isn't working folks.

We need to save space and we want non-pixelated videos.

Thank you!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what they are ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: