Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Windows Movie Maker!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't freeze up when I imported the episodes, but it does freeze up when I try to switch to them. I do have quite a bit of the episodes on there, and they have A LOT of clips. Each episode has over 200 clips. I expect this is what is slowing it down. But how am I ever gonna continue the video if I can't switch to to a different episode? It will eventually stop freezing up right?

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.. if anything the freezing will get worse

hows about that for good news

umm.... hmm.. does it freeze up tright when you start it up, try to import the clips, or just at random times?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have experience with an vid editor you are not using but they should have similarities. Maybe?

In Vegas (my editor) I import only the clips I need and if I say imported 18 clips the program works fine. If I import 250 it becomes very slow whenever I do anything and I have 1280 MB memory with a 2.0GHz P4 processor. I have a feeling you are overwhelming the system with clips.

My only suggestion is to divide the episodes into smaller pieces and see if you still have the freezing problem. If so, then you may have to find an ingenious way to put only the clips you need into a separate folder and open this with WMM. Something like listen to the song on a separate CD player while browsing the clips in WMP. Choose from the episodes then copy and paste only the clips you are pretty sure you want into the new Clips folder.

Sounds like a lot of work but then who said this was an easy hobby?
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not have to do all that. It started working again. It still freezes up but not as fast so I have the time to switch episodes and add another clip to my video. Well, I better get back to it! I want to have it finished by this evening.

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have 16 episodes woth of collections clips in there, all with at least 200 clips, and mine froze about 50-100 times on my last project. no joke.
The only thing I can think of is try rendering it often, then put that file in place of your clips, hopefully stopping the freezing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've pretty much got my whole video done. All I need to do now is change a few transitions. Then I will save it as a movie file and send it to you guys. I really hope you like it. I had a lot of fun making it.

*~The Last Soul~*
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody help! I've finished my video but I can't send it through e-mail. I tried to but it said the attachment can't exceed 10.0 MB, and my video is 10.8 MB. What do I do? I tried saving it as e-mail file but it looked really blurry. I'm talking MAJOR crappy. There's no way it will make it on the site if I send it like that. What other option do I have?

*~The Last Soul~*
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what I might end up trying to do is send my video through my mom's MSN e-mail. Hopefully it can send files larger than 10 MB. Would you guys accept a 10.8 MB video? I'd host it on my geocities site myself but I can't upload any files on it because of the pop-up blocker on my computer. I can't at my dad's house anyway, I might be able to at my mom's, but it would take much longer.

*~The Last Soul~*
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the purposes of sending it - if you weren't able to get the other e-mail account to work - try uploading it to YSI just for the purposes of judging?
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a stupid question, but what's YSI?

*~The Last Soul~*
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yousendit.com

You can enter your own e-mail address as the send to, and then just copy the link from there to put in your e-mail to the council.

It can solve your problem temporarily as the link expires (after 7 days or 25 downloads.)

But it would give you time to get to the other computer and upload it to your site while they can still judge it. See.
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, yousendit.com! I use that all the time when downloading the episodes! *smacks forehead* Duh! Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

*~The Last Soul~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: