Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird problem with clips from the pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Weird problem with clips from the pilot Reply with quote

I'm having a REALLY weird problem with editing my clips. This occurs definately in the clips from the pilot episode and I'm pretty sure (but can't check right now as I'm at work) that I encountered it with the other eps I have as well.

I'll be editing a clip and going frame by frame and it will go thru the frames like this: 0:26, 0:27, 0:28, 0:29, 1:00!!!

It skips all frames from 0:29 to 1:00.

I thought this was just my old crappy editing software (power director) that was the problem but I just noticed that it does it in Premiere too!!

It's very strange because I can watch the eps with no jumps every 1/2 second but it won't let me start or end a clip anywhere between 0:30 and 0:59!

Anyone else having this problem or is it something weird that's happening to just me. Frankly, that wouldn't surprise me.

I swear, the powers that be are doing everything to prevent me from completing anymore vids.

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not 30 frames per second?
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Wow, I'm a dumbass... Reply with quote

hmm....I remember there being 60 in there, but maybe not.

For some reason, I seem to remember watching the counter going thru 1 - 59 frames per second, but I could be wrong.

Wow, I feel REALLY stupid about posting this if that's the case.

I'm going crazy. Vidding is eating my brain.

I'm going to check that out when I get home. But you're probably right, now that I think about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just my initial thought.
Astarte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The framerate for DVDs for example depends on the country you live in, PAL has 25 frames per second, NTSC has 29,97, in conventional film is 24, in IMax it's 48 and in some weird cases it is 23,97. This is the reason why DVD is classified in regio-codes.

NTSC has a refresh rates of 59.94 Fields per Second, half frames are included in interlaced video. To make a really complicated matter simple: if you told premiere that you live in a NTSC country it will display the 29 frames per second and start a new second with 1:00...
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astarte wrote:
To make a really complicated matter simple: if you told premiere that you live in a NTSC country it will display the 29 frames per second and start a new second with 1:00...

Ah, ok. Thank you! That makes sense. I never even considered that.

Boy do I ever feel like a tool.

Yup... I'm a dumbass.
Astarte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you are one of the few, who take a closer look on what editing programms actually displaying... And if you are vidding for four years like me, you are bound to pick some technical aspects up...
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the sad thing is, I have been vidding for about 3 years or so. I'm just only now starting to get more into doing better quality vids with more advanced effects so I've been trying to learn everything I can about the programs I'm using.

You'd think I would have noticed this frames per second thing LONG ago, however.

*still feels dumb*
Astarte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is brand new, once you begin a vid with Premiere...

There is really no need to feel dumb, I feel rather geeky for having all those fun facts in my brain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: