Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Vertigo" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: "Vertigo" by Aislynn Reply with quote

# "Vertigo" 2005-03-12
The truth is finally revealed: that polar bear IS everywhere!
# Song: Vertigo by U2
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:14 (8 MB WMV)

Links: http://www.badongo.com/vid/215638
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_Vertigo.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench )

DANCING POLAR BEARS!!!!!! DOOO DEE DOOOO!!!! That's just an awesome feat of animation right there. A fan favourite for eternity!

Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already mentioned this in another thread, but this video was gold, Jerry, GOLD!!

Animated dancing polar bears. It doesn't get much better than that. Maybe if they were drinking Coke.

Awesome job!!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur! Really awesome video. Could be the most creative, fun video on the site! Great job!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! That was great! And I'm a big U2 fan, although Vertigo isn't one of my favorite songs, it was nice to see something by U2 on here.
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha, that was amazing! Such a creative idea to use that song for the polar bears. I loved it, great job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for the amazingly kind words! Me and the polar bear so very much appreciate it!

Seriously though, I wasn't really sure if my -- ahem -- style of vid-making would have a place here among the fantastic vids on LVI. Thank you for letting me come and play with y'all!

Only one problem: I figured "Vertigo" would probably be rejected, (now that's positive thinking for ya!) so I didn't even bother starting a second vid. However, since it was accepted, now I have not one but two vid ideas chasing me around: a really trippy, surreal Kate vid and a dark, jaggedy Sawyer vid. Go away, shoo, shoo!

~Aislynn

(But I keep thinking of these really bizarre, hopefully cool animation tricks I'd like to try out. Can't help but wonder if animations and vid clips can coexist in a more "serious" vid or if they'll only work in ones meant to be goofy and funny? Hm, maybe I'll just try out a couple of opening scenes and see how they look... No, no! Remember how you swore you were just going to make one vid and that was it?)

Vid making = potato chips
You can't make just one.

*sigh*
Duane Barry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Can't help but wonder if animations and vid clips can coexist in a more "serious" vid or if they'll only work in ones meant to be goofy and funny?

If it works for you, it works. Such is the way of the artist.
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't care for all the Kate/Sawyer scenes but OMG the polar bears were so funny! The polar bear in the racecar and the one in the sailboat were hilarious!

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last Soul wrote:
I didn't care for all the Kate/Sawyer scenes

Not that I'm denying being a raving Sawyerette (the avi gives me away every time... ) but the fact of the matter is I'm using vid clips from wherever I can find them, namely josh-hollway.com and evangeline-lilly.net. Hence, they're all Sawyer and Kate-centric, with a couple of other characters snagged in there by happy accident! So far, I haven't got enough "accidents" to be able to make a vid based on anybody else! Well, other than the polar bear, of course... Glad you liked him, anyway!

~Aislynn
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frickin' brilliant. I bow to you and your brilliance.
I guess we all know why DriveShaft really broke up, it's all the Polar Bears fault.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once, dos, tres, c(hmm.)--I see polar bears everywhere I go now. Just the other day I was at work when a great pireneese dog showed up-
AHHHH polar bear I thought--false alarm. One of the most original pieces on here. can't wait to see more from you-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MarieWP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I laughed every time a polar bear turned up. Great job; very clever video.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this video! The rythm, the clips... and it helps that I love this song.
And the PBs are so funny!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again to everyone for the kind words! I'm still so blown away by all the positive comments and compliments! (Okay, so I know they were all directed to the polar bear... I'm just pretending they were for me, too! )

But, that's not the reason I'm bumping my vid back up the list (sorry about that, I nearly edited this into my last post just to avoid doing that but finally decided that it would just make more sense as a new post).

After all my fussing and whimpering about asking vidders to post alternative links to their torrent-only vids, I figured I'd better darn well do the same for my own vid! But, at the same time, I would imagine that probably anybody who wanted to see it, already has.

So this post is for anybody who happens to stumble onto this site at some later date and doesn't have BitTorrent. If you'd like to see this vid of mine, then please post here to let me know and I'll be glad to put it up some place like YouSendIt. However, since YouSendIt links are only good for 7 days, it seemed best to wait and see if anyone even is interested in it before I go ahead and lob it up there. (Gee, that sounds so ladylike, huh? ) S'okay?

Thanks again!

~Aislynn
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Aislynn, just wondering if you still have this vid available for download. l never got around to seeing this one so do you think you could possibly upload it for me. Pretty, pretty, pretty please. l so badly wanna see it...lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: