Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x16/5x17 - The Incident
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: 5x16/5x17 - The Incident Reply with quote

Centricity

Spoiler:

Season Finale

Synopsis

Spoiler:

Jack's decision to put a plan in action in order to set things right on the island is met with some strong resistance by those close to him, and Locke assigns Ben a difficult task, on the season finale of “Lost.”

Guest List

Spoiler:

L. Scott Caldwell as Rose
Sam Anderson as Bernard
John Terry as Christian Shephard
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus
Francois Chau as Dr. Pierre Chang
Patrick Fischler as Phi
l Eric Lange as Radzinsky
Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana
Brad William Henke as Bram
Jon Gries as Roger Linus
Alice Evans as younger Eloise Hawking
Andrea Gabriel as Noor “Nadia” Abed Jaseem
Kevin Chapman as Mitch
Mark Pellegrino as man #1
Titus Welliver as man #2
Emily Rae Argenti as young Kate
Tanner Maguire as young Tom
George Gerdes as Mr. Springer
Agnes Kwak as Aunt Soo
Amy Stewart as mother
Rylee Fansler as young Juliet
Savannah Lathem as young Rachel
William Makozak as Captain Bird
Daniel James Kunkel as anesthesiologist
Sonya Masinovsky as Russian nurse
Keegan Boos as young Sawyer
Colby French as Uncle Doug
John Pete as prison clerk
Michael Trisler as father
Sally Davis as woman
Adam Bazzi as cab driver

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*downloading now* and SO excited!!

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was just..... WOW!!! i have NO clue what there going to do with next season now!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this tonight - can't freaking wait!

art by me&tammy
july

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLLY S..........

No Way!!! They can't end the season that way.....it's getting worse and worse on our neves every year!! but THAT ??????????? I hadn't see that coming!!!!! No way!!!!!
It can't be!!!!!
John?...a ghost?....Jacob dead? Juliet?.......What an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still on chock!!!! I mean I was crying like hell when Juliet said to James "I Love u I love U" and he was "Hold on!! Don't leave me!!!" couldn't stop crying!!! still can't when I think of them...

As for John killing jacob with Ben, i didn't get it..I was to upset with the scene between James and Juliet to be prepared to watch Jacob dying that way, on fire and stabbed by Ben!!!!

I don't even talk about the John in the coffin thing....don't understand!!

I am glad because I was kind of right about something...I had had this idea of Jacob being the God alike of the island, it was not far from truth, I mean ok he died at the end of the episode, but he touched people and saved them and got them all on the island like a God!!!...I'm sure he's not really dead besides!!!

Oh and the scene between Jack/Sawyer, I love jack so much it was so touching "I had her and I lost her"...oh yes I knew there was a reason in all this, he was not suddenly so far away from who he was before, it was because of her!!! I knew it!!! So romantic!!! I whish Jack & Kate had a great scene in this episode, they almost have it....almost. Now we probably won't have the rest of it because the BOMB is going to erase everything but....

Oh my God!! Juliet!!! I can't get over it!!! It was dramatic!! Extremely dramatic!!And she's the one who makes the bomb exploses!! Oh and Sawyer!!! God!!!
Can't believe we have to wait a whole year to see what are the consequences of this explosion!!!
Was Miles right? Is it because of Jack and Dan that everything that happened is going to happen again instead of doing things differently!!!! Let's bet my friends....

My God, this must be some kind of jokes!!! it can't end up that way!!! This is the best season ending ever!!!

How come no one has commented yet?...I'm surprised

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy walking around in Locke's body is the guy from the beginning of the Episode. We don't know his name, but when Ben was pitching a fit and saying that they "walked him up there like Moses" Imposter-Locke gave him a look, almost like it said "Yeah...cuz I AM Moses, tard."

I'm pretty sure this guy has a biblical name and history, much like Jacob, but how in the HELL did he occupy Locke's body? That's my question.

I cried twice. First, at Sun finding Charlie's ring, and second at the intense Suliet moment. Unfortunately, it took me until the very end and Juliet's death to realize that I actually LOVE the Suliet ship. So right for each other. Major kudos to Juliet as well, detonating the bomb herself.

That was probably the BEST but WORST cliffhanger. Best in how intense it was...but worst because...OMFG it ended like that?!?!?!?!! And we have to wait?!?!?!?! NOOOOO!!!

Fantastic flippin' end to a Fantastic flippin' season! Now to wait for the last season. *taps foot* already impatient.
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXAngelicEvilXx wrote:

I'm pretty sure this guy has a biblical name and history, much like Jacob, but how in the HELL did he occupy Locke's body? That's my question.

I've been reading around the forums I think we're calling him Esau for now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esau

"Esau was the oldest son of Isaac .... Jacob and Esau were fraternal twins" It goes on, "In the Book of Genesis, Esau is frequently shown being supplanted by his younger twin Jacob"..."Esau, naturally, is furious and vows to kill Jacob"

Anyway, ya the finale was AWESOME . Loved it, and man, when Sawyer and Juliet we're doin the Titanic thing, i almost lost it and broke a tear, which never happens. But those last 10 minutes were heart pounding, can't believe it.
Meli24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh my mind is spinning right now ..I don't know how I feel about this finale. I enjoyed some parts and other parts left me feeling frustrated. I felt Ben stabbing Jacob was anticlimatic. Gahhh and that cliff hanger!! I can't believe we have to wait almost a year to see what happens!
The last suliet scene was one of the most heart breaking scenes in Lost history I seriously felt like sobbing right along with Sawyer. Elizabeth and Josh were both amazing.
How in the world did Juliet survive that fall? I hope she somehow lives through the blast or flash whatever.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, that was so good! The last Suliet was so incredibly heartbreaking. Sawyer was just hysterical! How can you still ship Skate after that?! I mean, as a former hardcore Skater, I just don't see how! He gave his whole heart to Juliet, he could care less (that way) about Kate the whole time, and Juliet was all he had eyes for. And then in that scene! He was a mad man! He would have quickly jumped after her without a thought! I just never saw anything that deep or pure or emotional between him and Kate, even though he did love her, he and Juliet had a deeper, more mature and strong relationship that was no where near Skate.

And as far as biblical references go, Ben ranting about always obeying Jacob and never questioning him, then Locke doing whatever he wanted and getting better treatment reminded me of the Prodigal Son story, where the older brother who hadn't run off was angry at the father for throwing a party when the prodigal son came back, when the other son had been there the whole time, obeying and loving him without question.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY FUZZUCK!!!!!!!!!!

...and I don't curse. That's saying something.

That episode was incredibly intense and it made me feel bad for being a Skater. I remain a Skater nonetheless (I mean, really, seems pointless to ship Suliet now, what with her demise pretty much guaranteed by the friggen H BOMB she detonated!!) because Sawyer deserves a happy ending. Bless his heart, he's suffered too much tragedy. He's lost more than any other character on the show. Can he find a happy ending with Kate? I don't know, maybe she'll grow up next season and stop being such a tool (at least when it comes to men...).

That scene was so intense though! I didn't believe the love between them until then though. Like, I don't think there was sufficient chemistry to make it a convincing relationship earlier... but those two (Josh and Elizabeth) really pulled it off. That was uber-depressing.

And the whole stuff with Jacob and Locke confuses me... so I'm just choosing not to think about it. The thing that's gonna plague me for the next nine months is whether their plan succeeded or not (most likely not, but if not, what did it do???)....

LOST makes me want to kill myself sometimes....

Last edited by FrecklesPhoenix on Fri May 15, 2009 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy, you know funny enough...your avatar fits with the Finale very well. Juliet was wearing a red shirt.

So...possibilities are:

If Miles was right and the Bomb was the Incident:
Since this is our Losties present, they are dead. (Show killer, IMO. You can't kill that many people, and pretty much all of them being the most popular on the show [with the exception of Locke, Ben, Claire, Sun, etc.] And Jacob or no Jacob, if you bring some magic into that, and they all miraculously survive, noone's going to buy that, and there's not enough science in the show to feasibly pull it off without viewers thinking "Well, they're just pulling this out of their asses now."

If Miles was wrong and the Bomb is actually the reset:
Everything's reset, but also CHANGED. The hatch is never built. An explosion like that may destroy part of, if not most or ALL of the island. Dharma doesn't return, therefore, no Ben, no Juliet. Ben may grow up to be a halfway decent guy, Juliet may still work for her husband, who is never hit by a bus. She'll be able to stay with her sister, though her sister may die of the cancer that reoccurs, but if the baby suvives, she will most likely raise him. Kate goes to jail, Sawyer will possibly keep looking for the original Sawyer and may even find him. Locke will still be in a wheelchair, Hurley will still have bad luck. Jack will bury his father, as planned, but possibly have not met Claire's mother, thereby never knowing. Charlie will still be an addict, Claire may give up the baby.

The good points of this are: They will not have died. We would get to see the other point of view, the other fork in the road. We will have seen further growth of characters like Charlie, Boone, Shannon, etc. etc.

The bad points: It's just a huge physics mess. A possible paradox, maybe even creating an alternate reality, and the world will collapse on itself, the sky will fall, and everyone will die anyway.

I don't see either happening. I don't see the Bomb as being the incident, just like I don't see it not being the incident. You can't kill off that many characters in the show and expect to have the same following. It's show suicide. At the same time, if you screw with the physics too much, you can alienate even more viewers with a possible paradox.

I think there may be a happy medium. An alternate reality would be fantastic to watch unfold. Our characters will still remember each other, still know each other, maybe not will have died, but unfortunately the time and world that they knew is the complete opposite. As a last season, I think perhaps the issue of an alternate reality (I mean...a Back to the Future reference was made afterall ) and how they go about fixing it (again.) would be a great show ender. Have an alternate reality, fix it, have the happy ending, show over.

Guess in the end, it's just a "wait and see" type of thing though....ugh...2010..

Last edited by xXAngelicEvilXx on Fri May 15, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I have feared the worst for her for a while now. *sigh*

Btw, Nicole, if the plan did work, Juliet would still be around, wouldn't she? I mean, regardless of the H-Bomb thing. All of them would, I think. So we could still get more Juliet. Who knows with Lost, honestly? lol Though I have a feeling they're going to kill her, just so they can focus on the mostly dead triangle again. :/
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' think there will be a triangle, even after this.

Sawyer's not going to be in a position to go for Kate. After watching Juliet do that, and also, what Jack said to him in the jungle. There was no jealousy there, no "that's my girl". I think he's done. If anything, he's going to go back to his old ways. The same way he started acting after he killed Mr. Friendly in the Season 3 Finale. We'll see the darkest side of him that anyone's ever seen.

I think Jack and Kate will find each other again. Jack should've simply listened to Sawyer. Men are simple, and they have simple ideas. As he said "She's right there, go up and ask her." Jack plainly should have done that instead of using cowardice and saying "It's too late."

Don't get me wrong, I love how human (albeit dumb) our characters are, but for Pete's sake...COMMUNICATE people!

I love that about Sawyer and Juliet. They don't BS, they don't sugarcoat. They are honest, blunt, and upfront, no matter what. In the meantime, Kate and Jack just hint hint hint and run away from their feelings. If they could be like Suliet, they would be a FANTASTIC Jate. It's all in the communication.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Yeah. I have feared the worst for her for a while now. *sigh*

Btw, Nicole, if the plan did work, Juliet would still be around, wouldn't she? I mean, regardless of the H-Bomb thing. All of them would, I think. So we could still get more Juliet. Who knows with Lost, honestly? lol Though I have a feeling they're going to kill her, just so they can focus on the mostly dead triangle again. :/

Yeah.... I feel bad for Juliet... she ended up being such a great character, but I feel like the writers mostly just used her as a plot device to cause dissonance in the triangle (the same thing they did with Ana, only it was better this time because Mitchell can actually act )

If she was still around though, there would be less chance of her path crossing with Sawyer's than Kate's... you know?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only said that about the triangle because Darlton has stated that the triangle isn't over, there will be more Skate in s6 and all this, which is just ridiculous to me right now. Like you said, he is not in any state to be pursuing Kate. He really doesn't care about Kate right now (he wasn't even jealous when Jack said they had been together and that he wanted her back), his world was Juliet and now that she's gone, it's crashing down. I don't see why he would randomly hook up with Kate, and much less, why she would jump into bed with him after what just happened to him and how shippy she was being with Jack last night and. But who knows with Kate? hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: