Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be great, thanks so much!!!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll work for me too.

I rendered the whole video with the 512 setting, but when watching it in WMP, the quality of the video was horrifying. Tons of grain everywhere. So now I'm trying different types of settings to see if I can get one to work. Tried one and the video saved at 900MB.... so I guess I'm just doing some trial and error...lol

But yeah...512 doesn't do good for mine
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelic,
When saving the video, put 512, then push custom to the right.
Change the saving settings to 'best', then click on audio and select a higher level, so that it's not funky- like somewhere in the "90s" will have a better sound. Then go to video settings and move the slider to the sharpest level. There's other settings there too, which you can make your video save to the size of a DVD screen. etc.

That's what I do and usually it turns out pretty good.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried a bunch of custom options, but the video will either save small size with horrible quality, or it will save with a huge file size and good quality.

I just gave up and am uploading the last one I tried, which saved at 400MB.

I still have my SV6 so I went and rendered a small clip on the default render settings, and the size was fine. So, when I opened up SV9 and tried to render a piece of my vid under those same default render settings, the file saved huge.

I suppose that it's possible that my effects are causing this. Every clip has an effect with coloring, some have zooms added, and some have zooms with coloring and yet another effect. The video is heavy with effects and right at the 5 minute mark. I'm sure that it's not the whole reason why it's saving so big, but it could factor in.

I'm gonna try and fiddle with it on whatever video I make next, but for now, with this month's entry, I'm giving up on trying to make it smaller and keeping the quality. Anytime I stepped up the quality of the vid, the video saved with a huge size. When I took the quality down a little, the video saved small but looked absolutely horrendous. We're talking lots of grain (and my vid already has some 70s grain, so that extra "video-suckage grain" doesn't make it look trippy....just makes it look like crap. Then there are hiccups in the clips themselves, looking jerky and some of the clips you can barely see. I mean it's just a mess, so I'm just gonna deal with the huge file size. I dunno what YouTube is going to do to it's quality, but I understand if noone wants to watch the 400MB download from Zshare...but it'll probably look alot better.

Think I may be upgrading my program here soon again...that or just going back to 6. SV6 never gave me so many problems before.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, sorry about that.

Did you try putting that large file onto Windows Movie Maker, and re-saving it with a smaller size like on the custom select 7.8? WMM has quite a few settings. For whatever reason, Sony Vegas doesn't have very many saving options.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Vista come with WMM? I haven't seen it, not that I've looked for it, but if I do, I may give that a try too

BTW: I submitted the shorter version of my contest entry last night, but don't see it on the site even though new videos are up. Did the Council get the submission?
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah vista does

Yeah it's come through to us
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh good. was't sure if it did. between vegas acting up and the couple hours it took to upload to two sites, it wouldn't surprise me if submitting it went kooky. lol
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished the video sooner than I thought I would!

However, YouTube rejected the audio, so I had to put an intro on it and dispute the claim. lol. Who knows how long it will stay on there, so I also did an alternate URL to another place just in case.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightdancer342 wrote:
However, YouTube rejected the audio, so I had to put an intro on it and dispute the claim. lol. Who knows how long it will stay on there, so I also did an alternate URL to another place just in case.

I'm so glad you gave us an alternative URL since YouTube takes them down without warning so often these days! Congrats on getting finished early!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I submit my video on Monday or Tuesday ( May 4 or 5)

I'm visiting a relative who doesn't have internet access at their house so I have to use the Library's public internet.The town my relative lives in has less than 1000 people so it isn't a very big Library.The library is closed most of Saturday and all day Sunday so the earliest I can post my video is Monday.
I had a clip converted on zamzar but I was unable to get to the internet yesterday and the clip expired.If I request the clip today I can download it tomorrow when the Library opens for a couple hours and I will be able to finish it up Saturday evening and when the Library opens back up Monday I can post it.

So if it's not too much trouble I'd like to be able to get an extension and submit my video on Monday or Tuesday.

Macaila

I just resubmitted my request for the file to be converted and they got it done alot faster than I expected so I now have the final clip I need in my video. I'd still like to ask for that extension but now that I have the clip there is a chance I can post my video tomorrow but it will depend on whether or not I am able to make it to the Library to access the internet.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll extend the deadline another day to Monday, Macaila. If you need another day, just let us know! Good luck!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I appreciate you extending the deadline.

It's been alot of fun making a video for this contest.I didn't want to miss out on entering just because I don't have internet access on Sunday.

Macaila
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comp is now closed!! Thanks for the entries guys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: