Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight of the Conchords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Flight of the Conchords Reply with quote

Anyone who knows me from LJ has probably figured out that I've become in love with these guys/their show/their music/whatever.

It's a show that aired on HBO about two New Zealanders who've moved to NY in order to make their two-man folk-parody band big. This show has very deadpan humor that reminds me a lot of British humor (like the Simon Pegg movies) and it's just pretty entertaining. Plus, each episode has at least 2 songs in it! The two guys are very, very dorky and adorable in their dorkiness.

Some clips:

I'm Not Crying

If You're Into It = Romance ... gone a bit weird

Bret, You've Got it Going On = Boosting your friend's self-esteem turns awkward

Friends

Bret's Day = This is actually quite sweet (with a tinge of bittersweet) and it'd work really well as a real song (if it weren't for the other character's intrusive, yet hilarious, remarks!) Pretty sure it's a homage/parody of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" so SCORE!

•• The boys try to understand the phrase "Flip the Bird" (involves swearing, obviously)

•• Meet Bret and Jemaine = just a compilation of clips to sense the comedy-type

•• Mel, their crazed and only fan

So has anyone seen it or is interested in seeing it? I just started like a week ago and I just finished through 1x08. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!
All the characters are amazing, I don't even think i can pick a favorite. Plus Bret is so hot!!! lol Not to mention they're songs are just awesome!

I'm so glad there's another Flight of the Conchords fan on here!!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!
All the characters are amazing, I don't even think i can pick a favorite. Plus Bret is so hot!!! lol Not to mention they're songs are just awesome!

I'm so glad there's another Flight of the Conchords fan on here!!

I only started watching it recently, but OMG, it's so great! Hilarious! Besides Bret and Jemaine, Murray is great with his naive shenanigans (the dialogue between him and the boys about when he moved in after his separation with his wife and how they had to talk him down from the roof CRACKED ME UP!) and Mel is so weird and awkward and crazy. And Dave's hilarious, as well.

So good!

Yes, thank you! A lot of people keep mentioning Jemaine as the more attractive one, but I find the opposite to be true! PLUS, BRET IS TOTALLY AN ERIC BANA LOOK ALIKE!

And, yeah, of course, most of the songs are amazing. And THIS may be my most favorite clip of anything ever! It's so adorable! lol.

P.S. I friended you on LJ (turquoisetumult) -- hope you don't mind.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Flight of the Conchords!!!! Especially their song "Think about it"
Cracks me up EVERY time!!

#would somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees#

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagedfreedom wrote:
I love Flight of the Conchords!!!! Especially their song "Think about it"
Cracks me up EVERY time!!

#would somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees#

"Think About It" is a good one (especially the HBO Special one with the long rambling introduction about Bret's imaginary children dealing with imaginary problems like rogue unicorns! ), but it's not my favorite of all the ones I've heard. Still, it's a good one! Their lyrics are so silly and hilarious!

On a related note, Murray is becoming one of my favorites on the show! I just saw 1x10 and him shouting at Bret&Jemaine about how the girls are not interested in him while they're right next to him is great!

Yay, one more FotC fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: