Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird aspect ratio problem with season finale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Weird aspect ratio problem with season finale. Reply with quote

Is anyone else having this problem?

I downloaded the season finale (LOL version like all my other eps), converted it to a better format (using the same program and same specs I ALWAYS do), opened it today in Premiere and noticed something odd.

It's in letterbox format (like all my other eps) right up until the last few minutes (right after Charlie and Sayid come back with the baby) when it suddenly goes back to fullscreen mode (complete with black bars on the right and left side)!!!

WTF? Anyone else notice this?

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don'T have that problem
are your sure the final is ok?
maybe it didn'T finish it'S work when you made it smaler?

I had a different problem, in exodus I or so, at the ending the sound goes weird, because the soundis about 3 seconds or ore AFTER the clips that belong to it >>;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does it in the original too. I wish I'd noticed it before I wasted all that time encoding it! It's perfectly fine right up until the Others take Walt and RIGHT after that scene it's like it's suddenly become a different file! Black bars on the sides and of a lesser quality.

I think I'm going to try to find another version of it somewhere else, cuz I can't do with having an entire season in the exact same format save for the last 5 freaking minutes!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
It does it in the original too. I wish I'd noticed it before I wasted all that time encoding it! It's perfectly fine right up until the Others take Walt and RIGHT after that scene it's like it's suddenly become a different file! Black bars on the sides and of a lesser quality.

I think I'm going to try to find another version of it somewhere else, cuz I can't do with having an entire season in the exact same format save for the last 5 freaking minutes!

Give me that file if you find it.

I think whoever recorded that file's ABC station switched to fullscren becase it has the stupid ad across the bottom

I know my confidence Man went into the fulsccreen becaus the ABC station need to announce Saving Private Ryan had to air Veterans Day
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to crop the sides of the last 6 mins or so and fixed the problem!

If any of you are stuck with the version of Exodus Pt. 2 that snaps to fullscreen for the last few minutes and would like the last few minutes in widescreen, here's the file:

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1C8FX27QMQHW8262DYEDDUN6S4

It's about 22 MB, avi format.

If you need it converted to wmv or something just let me know, I'd be happy to convert it and reupload it for you.

Geekdom abounds.
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem! I thought it was going to just revert back to 320 x 240 when I was working on the Aug contest. Oh well, the council will just have to deal because I spent a lot of time on it and I don't want to do it over

Thanks for posting the link too, I shall grab that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: