Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Codec Prob for Ep 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Codec Prob for Ep 16 Reply with quote

Is anyone else having a codec problem for episode 16. All the other episodes are fine, but the new one says there's some problem with the audio. Does anyone know how to remedy this situation?

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just downloaded it... in record time I might add, and yes, I'm havign the same problem, not to mention the scrolling feature doesn't work either >.<
I HATE codecs. Can't understand them. So I guess you're on your own to find out what it is because I have absolutely no idea... but tell me when you do
damn... I was counting on those clips for some videos...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those still having the codec problem with episode 16:

My computer crashed today, well the C drive did. In the process of restoring all I lost I got WMP 10... tried the ep, no luck. After I downloaded the newest Divx, somehow the combo of those two made ep 16 work.

It was my glimmer of gold in an otherwise craptastic situation.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any luck getting it to work on a movie making software?

Gah.. now I have to go download it again... I think I deleted it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't currently have any movie making software, still... rebooting. I use Premiere. I just use a video out cable and then firewire it back in, so it will likely work like a dandy once I ... reboot Premiere.

However, I am converting some episodes using Sorenson Squeeze into MPEG1 format. Hoping I can maybe use those directly in Premiere as opposed to my lengthy video out/video in thing I'm doing now.

Yakkul7
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im having problems too, I did download a player that plays it though, when I get home, Ill post a link to it. If anyone has answers that'd be great, cause It's useless when trying to make a movie with any of the clips, I did notice that a different group posted it up (not LOL) whoever LOL is, maybe they could put it up
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone ever end up solving this problem in any way? Whether it be download place or conversion? I want those clips fro my next vid >.<
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting my avoidance of that particular encode as my solution for ya Hobbes.

Try using the divx/avi encode from-
http://www.tvshows.nu/article.php3?id_article=8658

My lost music vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: